Reef Spotlight - April 2012 - "Soccerbag"

underwaterfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Craig! Definitely well deserved! One of my favorite systems on the forums for sure. One day we will make it up there to see it in person. Your hard work is an inspiration to us all!

aharrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well deserved my friend! Always an inspiration to see your tank. It has been over a year since I saw it in Person and the progression is awesome. Everything has grown out really well. Huge difference in the how it looks now that the corals have filled in.

Definately a reason to be patient and not cram a bunch of stuff together with no thoughts of the future.

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank looks fantastic Craig! Keep it up!!! :)

Hey Jordan. Hope you are doing well! Thanks for the comments!!

Congrats Craig! Definitely well deserved! One of my favorite systems on the forums for sure. One day we will make it up there to see it in person. Your hard work is an inspiration to us all!

Thank you Dave. You are welcome anytime.

Well deserved my friend! Always an inspiration to see your tank. It has been over a year since I saw it in Person and the progression is awesome. Everything has grown out really well. Huge difference in the how it looks now that the corals have filled in.

Definately a reason to be patient and not cram a bunch of stuff together with no thoughts of the future.

Thanks my friend. Looking forward to coming down in May.

Well desereved ! Tank looks awesome. Sps are just amazing.

Thanks for those kind words. I really appreciate it nater!

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank Craig, just stellar in so many ways. Love the way you took the time to share why QT is so important. I had the same experience a few years ago also started by a PB with velvet. Can't wait to watch your tank continue to grow, all the best for the future and congrats on the spotlight.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well deserved! Everything looks amazing man, I love it. That hawkins colony is very impressive! Great job!

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank Craig, just stellar in so many ways. Love the way you took the time to share why QT is so important. I had the same experience a few years ago also started by a PB with velvet. Can't wait to watch your tank continue to grow, all the best for the future and congrats on the spotlight.

Thanks so much Brett. I really appreciate the comments. Yes, I wanted to make sure that my tough QT lesson was shared. It would be easy just to keep that to myself. But it was idiotic to not QT the fish to start with and I got burnt. If just one person learns from my stupid mistakes, it makes telling it worth while. Although it's still really painful to talk about...lol.

Looks amazing, I need to see this in person sometime. How are the Sohal and Regal doing in the tank?

Hokie land huh? BIG Tech fan! Love Blacksburg. You are welcome anytime you around the Richmond area. Just hit me up if you're ever up this way.

The Sohal is fairly new. He has been in the tank about 2 months. To say he is the "boss" would be an understatement. The Tongan Sailfin is twice his size and doesn't stand a chance. He is fine at most times. During frozen feedings, I have zero issues. Nori algae is a different story. He will guard the clip at all costs. I now have to put one clip in on one corner and one in the opposite corner for all of the other fish. Even still, he guards both...lol. Crazy fish - and the things we'll do to put up with them : ). I love him in the tank though - always busy!

I LOVE my Regal. I have always wanted one. I picked him up from Pacific Island Aquatics (sponsor here) and he was doing really well from the get-go. She is still a bit shy but is out pretty much all day now. She is a SPS polyp nipper. No doubt about it but I knew that would be a possibility when I got her. I used to have GREAT polyp extension but not now...lol. But it doesn't slow my SPS growth at all. I can deal without the polyp extension during the day for such a beautiful fish. The Regals are one of the most beautiful fish in the oceans IMO. A healthy Regal is hard to beat in coloration.

Thanks for the comments btw! : )

Last edited:

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well deserved! Everything looks amazing man, I love it. That hawkins colony is very impressive! Great job!

Thanks so much! Your beautiful tank is on the way as well. One of my favorite setups around! The Hawkins is a beast. It is now around 12" x 16"! Sometimes I think about just fragging it and making some space in the tank for some other pieces. But it's seldom to see a Hawkins this size so I owe it to the colony to keep it in tact. I have fragged it at least 12 times and it's still this big. I do love it.

mighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really nice! Thanks for taking the time to share your tank with us!

Keep up the good work.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is beautiful. Corals look superb with excellent health and colour. This is one of my favorite tanks on R2R. I agree that Hawkins is awesome! :)

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the Spotlight, Craig.
Your system is so mature, well-designed, and producing incredible results. One of the best selection of livestock out there and it really shows off how committed you are to quality and elevating the hobby. We hope to be able to get to that level one day - you are the KING! And feel free to give us a ring next time you need to prune some of the SPS ;)

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is beautiful. Corals look superb with excellent health and colour. This is one of my favorite tanks on R2R. I agree that Hawkins is awesome! :)

Thanks Sahin. I appreciate the comments. Glad you like the Hawkins. :)

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the Spotlight, Craig.
Your system is so mature, well-designed, and producing incredible results. One of the best selection of livestock out there and it really shows off how committed you are to quality and elevating the hobby. We hope to be able to get to that level one day - you are the KING! And feel free to give us a ring next time you need to prune some of the SPS ;)

Thanks Mike&Terry. Back to Back Spotlights for Richmond, VA! Representing! lol.

Your comments are very nice. I feel the same way about your tank. And it's really a shame that we have never seen each other's tanks - and we live so close. I will change that very soon. I'm coming for a visit! lol

I will be happy to share frags of whatever you want : )

Last edited:
Back