Reef Spotlight - April 2012 - "Soccerbag"

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really good to see a local in the lime light Craig! Great presentation brotha :) Wonderful job. Looking goooooooood!!!! Stunning setosa colony.

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

swannyson7-albums-craig-coral-picture26777-img-3810-1.jpg

Awesome Tank! Is this passionfruit micromussa? It's awesome. I had some a few years ago, but it didn't make it. Very cool overall!

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely amazing! Great job my friend!

Thanks so much Sonny! That means a GREAT deal to me. : )

Really good to see a local in the lime light Craig! Great presentation brotha :) Wonderful job. Looking goooooooood!!!! Stunning setosa colony.

Thanks Andy! I appreciate it bud. Mike&Terry last month....RIC baby! lol And yes, the Setosa is out of hand...lol.

Awesome Tank! Is this passionfruit micromussa? It's awesome. I had some a few years ago, but it didn't make it. Very cool overall!

Hey ReefPops! Thanks so much for the comments! It is the Passionfruit Micro. You don't see it around much - got mine from Vivid a few years ago and is still one of my favorites. It's not often that someone knows the exact name of it either so I'm very impressed! lol

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ReefPops! Thanks so much for the comments! It is the Passionfruit Micro. You don't see it around much - got mine from Vivid a few years ago and is still one of my favorites. It's not often that someone knows the exact name of it either so I'm very impressed! lol

I got mine from Vivid too, about three years ago. Unfortunately they no longer have any and I lost mine to who remembers what (I try to block it out) :) Congrats again on a great tank!

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mike&Terry. Back to Back Spotlights for Richmond, VA! Representing! lol.

Yes, back to back Spotlight's for Richmond, VA is pretty AWESOME! :bigsmile:

Your comments are very nice. I feel the same way about your tank. And it's really a shame that we have never seen each other's tanks - and we live so close. I will change that very soon. I'm coming for a visit! lol

I will be happy to share frags of whatever you want : )

You are welcome anytime and we would LOVE to see your tank in person as well. :bigsmile:

-M&T

xcorallusx

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Sohal is the same way, he does not like my foxface at all. I had a regal but started eating softies and sps, I was hoping he would go for one or the other so I ended up trading him. I think I will wait until I add another angel till my corals are bigger. How far away are you from short pump? I will be in town this weekend for easter.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow.. VA in the R2R house! I am from Va as well, and a graduate of Va Tech, go Hokies!

Soccer, congrats! Fantastic tank and great write up. Can I ask how you keep your glass so clean? Seems like going wo a cuc is not a bad thing. Sonny doesn't have one either so pretty good company there. Don't know if I will be replacing mine as it dwindles, but seems like I am not losing it as quickly as I thought I would.

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow.. VA in the R2R house! I am from Va as well, and a graduate of Va Tech, go Hokies!

Soccer, congrats! Fantastic tank and great write up. Can I ask how you keep your glass so clean? Seems like going wo a cuc is not a bad thing. Sonny doesn't have one either so pretty good company there. Don't know if I will be replacing mine as it dwindles, but seems like I am not losing it as quickly as I thought I would.

Go Hokies! : ) Thanks for the comments. I clean my glass every other day with a Mag Float. Once per week, I use a Mag with a razor blade attachment to get into the corners and any other place where the regular magnet can't reach. I'm pretty meticulous about my tank so I keep it very clean. It is the center piece of our house so if it doesn't look nice, I notice it when I walk in the door. It's both a curse and a blessing...lol.

Yeah, the cleanup crews just aren't necessary IMO. I used to keep a full crew and would update every 3 months spending more and more. Knowing that I can keep a clean sandbed and clean tank without them saves me hundreds of $'s every year. And it allows me to keep my hands out of the tank more (to turn over snails and pick hermits out of acro colonies) which is always a good thing.

All I have to say is wow

Thanks adw! Much appreciated. :bigsmile:

Last edited:

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply! I was feeling like having to clean it every couple of days was out of the norm and wondering what I was doing wrong. Good to know that that is common, although I was kindof hoping it was something I could fix so I didn't have to scrap every couple days. :)

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply! I was feeling like having to clean it every couple of days was out of the norm and wondering what I was doing wrong. Good to know that that is common, although I was kindof hoping it was something I could fix so I didn't have to scrap every couple days. :)

No problem. I, too, read all the time that people only have to clean the glass once per week. Perhaps I am doing something wrong too...lol. But I just don't see how that is possible considering how quickly algae builds up on the glass. So who knows...lol. Even when I dosed vodka back in the day and when I tried BioPellets for a while, I still have to clean the glass every other day. Don't get me wrong, I could let it go longer and still see in the tank. But my OCD won't allow it to get out of hand : )

falconerr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome as usual craig. Keep up the good work. Hopefully my new one will look half as good as yours does.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome as usual craig. Keep up the good work. Hopefully my new one will look half as good as yours does.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Thanks so much! : )

Congrats Craig. Do you do any type of carbon dosing?

Thanks bud. I do use BRS Rox Carbon (approximately 2 cups) and I run it in a NextReef reactor 24/7. I never take it off line. Hope that helps.:bigsmile:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back