IMG_0527.jpg

One tree in my customers yard.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of us forget coral are toxic, or pretend, Coral are not toxic to each other.
This reminded my of an old torch i had. Absolutely hated goniopora additions. This was huge.
torchless.jpg
After adding any kind of goni
angry torch.jpg
Eventually, it passed away. I guess i should have just ran carbon.

Yes, your coral could be releasing toxins to take out their neighbors. Gonis are very toxic.
This occurred after smashing some adding some rock and accidentally smashing some palys.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This occurred after smashing some adding some rock and accidentally smashing some palys.
I was trying to get the whole story in, my mind is slipping in and out of dream land. Long long day.

You're on top of it. So i figured, I'd throw in my failure.
I know better, and slack off. At least now i have several lbs of carbon. Just need to find a good way to rig it up in case of.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to get the whole story in, my mind is slipping in and out of dream land. Long long day.

You're on top of it. So i figured, I'd throw in my failure.
I know better, and slack off. At least now i have several lbs of carbon. Just need to find a good way to rig it up in case of.
I am concerned that the large bower is releasing crud into the water and stressing everything else out. I have a super fine mesh bag that I threw carbon in and put in the display. I grab filter pad with carbon rinised in the sink, rang out and then rinsed in RO (twice) placed that between the main sump and the return pump with some “polishing pad filter” stuff that I had (two pieces) to catch any carbon dust from the pad. Since I’m concerned about particulate I took a 5micron filter and slipped that over my main drain line to help catch all the crud. Will leave that till I come home tomorrow.

If things look worse in the morning I’ll probably pull the larger bower. I already pulled the palys.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, giving it time will help. Every time I tried to kill off some palys, my hammer would pull its polyps inside its skeleton for a couple of days. Looked like it was on its way out. Just did water change and added carbon and in a couple days was big and fluffy again... Until I again tried to kill off a few palys so they wouldn't take over. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, giving it time will help. Every time I tried to kill off some palys, my hammer would pull its polyps inside its skeleton for a couple of days. Looked like it was on its way out. Just did water change and added carbon and in a couple days was big and fluffy again... Until I again tried to kill off a few palys so they wouldn't take over. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah lesson learned stupid palys. Ugh son not the stress I needed after word….

Reef tank therapy sometimes turns into I need therapy for my reef tank

Well the water change was probably needed or something……it along with the nightly dose brought my alk up to where I think I want to hold it at. So silver linings and all.

FYI pressure washer works great removing palys off of things lol they never stood a chance.

I put the large bower in the sum since it seems the most affected. This way if it is being naughty the carbon should minimize the stress…

I’m going to be

It has been a Monday.

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So overall the rock wasn’t in the tank long.maybe 20 minutes.

I was also thinking I didn’t rinse well enough and particulate caused the stress??

I took the rocks outside and sprayed them off with the power washer. I plan to soak in tap water with carbon for the next 24 hours. Then repeat with RO.

I’ve used the stuff before, although it wasn’t the purple stuff…..I’ve been excelling at ticking the tank off. Did it last week and again this week.

do you think I should do another 15g water change tomorrow?

WC, FTW. Not sure of your issue, maybe palys, dunno, but all I can add to the notes is that I used e-marco fresh underwater once, as it notes is safe, but spiked the crap out of my Alk, corals were nonplussed for a bit, but no lingering issues.

Yeah lesson learned stupid palys. Ugh son not the stress I needed after word….

Reef tank therapy sometimes turns into I need therapy for my reef tank

Well the water change was probably needed or something……it along with the nightly dose brought my alk up to where I think I want to hold it at. So silver linings and all.

FYI pressure washer works great removing palys off of things lol they never stood a chance.

I put the large bower in the sum since it seems the most affected. This way if it is being naughty the carbon should minimize the stress…

I’m going to be

It has been a Monday.

1000017321.jpg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whatever it was didn’t bother the fish
I wish i was better with words. I've read stories of people ticking off coral and other inhabitants looked sick or died. Everyone else blamed the sand bed
Thankfully the fish are fine. Coral will recover.

Unfortunately, i completely zonked out.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone... :)
new baby alert...:upside-down-face:
20240512_124010.jpg

thinkin' Sour gum tree and another mighty oak i'll never live long enough to see tower over house...:rolleyes:
20240512_124025.jpg
this oak planted at 2'? 4yrs? now about 12'
20240512_123307.jpg

Catalpa blooming, Maples are filling in nicely...;)
1715678968141.png
plant as many as we can...:face-with-head-bandage:
Have a great day everyone...:)

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1715680237130.png

STILLLLL waiting on MRI results ...:rolleyes: taken 4/26/24...:upside-down-face:
starting to get a lil mad at these docs...
Stress induced non disease Encephalitis they're calling it...:face-without-mouth: thanks doc...:face-with-spiral-eyes:

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1715680237130.png

STILLLLL waiting on MRI results ...:rolleyes: taken 4/26/24...:upside-down-face:
Stress induced non disease Encephalitis they're calling it...:face-without-mouth: thanks doc...:face-with-spiral-eyes:
Have you tried calling them for followup? Some of the drs around here like to play the "if we don't reach out to you, that means all is well" game - I hate it.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1715680237130.png

now you know where to take out your stress and on who!

I had a bit of a conversation with a nurse over my son. I told her "seems like a lot of incompetent people work there" they keep screwing up my sons blood work. His heels became so calloused , they could not get them to bleed. So they kept cutting for blood. I got a letter saying i was behaving inappropriate and rude to their staff members...........

Yup, give a call.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 134 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back