my new baby... AKA The Café

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it's Mothy now, sorry.
On a serious note- you legit use tap water? No filtering?

PS my LFS does not sell RODI they sell RO… sooooo it’s not like I use rodi either

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shh, I did for nearly 2 years.
Once I realize the LFS dose not use RODI - I was like the. Why the heck should I??? Granted they do use RO…. And Colorado has decent water I think….i know up in the mountains the water is amazing …best tasting water straight out of the tap…..better then where I currently am, but the water here is way better than places I’ve lived (most the places I live in Louisiana)

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What in the world did I miss today?
Marco Mothy getting upset because no one wanted to argue…he had a whole presentation planned and had all his points laid out on note cards and people ignored him

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok Cody.

How did you determine the water was good enough to do that…..
Trial and error. At my last house I used tap water and fought GHA constantly. At this house I use tap water and have little struggles with algae. I've been running tanks for close to 15 years and haven't ever used RODI or even just RO. 3 houses, 1 was bad algae, one was a struggle, this one has been good.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the pond if I didn't share the pic before. Because if there's not a pic it didn't happen.
received_1541141443485717.jpeg

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once I realize the LFS dose not use RODI - I was like the. Why the heck should I??? Granted they do use RO…. And Colorado has decent water I think….i know up in the mountains the water is amazing …best tasting water straight out of the tap…..better then where I currently am, but the water here is way better than places I’ve lived (most the places I live in Louisiana)
Yes, but the water in Louisiana is so so soft! You basically can't even rinse the soap off of you.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco Mothy getting upset because no one wanted to argue…he had a whole presentation planned and had all his points laid out on note cards and people ignored him
Yes, I can totally see this. And while the crickets were chirping, I bet the wife was speaking to the tune of "See? I told you you were wasting your time!" Which of course angered Tim, sorry, Mothy, and he took his top hat off and punched a hole through it.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but the water in Louisiana is so so soft! You basically can't even rinse the soap off of you.
This is true, water up here is definitely “hard” everything has calcification on it. Lived at one house they had to install a water softener- I was perplexed at first lol

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the pond if I didn't share the pic before. Because if there's not a pic it didn't happen.
received_1541141443485717.jpeg
If I did see this picture I would not have believed you. I would have thought it magically appeared :)

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trial and error. At my last house I used tap water and fought GHA constantly. At this house I use tap water and have little struggles with algae. I've been running tanks for close to 15 years and haven't ever used RODI or even just RO. 3 houses, 1 was bad algae, one was a struggle, this one has been good.
Well if that isn’t some flamingo thinking….

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may - the next time I send in a for an ICP submit tap water as “ro” and see what happens

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately tomorrow I have to go to work to support my coral habit. Ugh why.

I identify as a billionaire

I’m still waiting for my billions though

Oh well

Incase yall are curious
These plus 4 more - 3 zoas and 1 (can you guess?)
So 30…..on Thursday plus the new fish

IMG_0296.png
IMG_0294.png
IMG_0323.jpeg IMG_0350.jpeg

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incase yall are curious
These plus 4 more - 3 zoas and 1 (can you guess?)
So 30…..on Thursday plus the new fish

IMG_0296.png
IMG_0294.png
I pulled a you last night, but with fluorescing glass :upside-down-face:

I have lots of pretties coming soon.

They have a temporary home right now, but soon Matt will be able to build things again and the goal is to get them set up in a built cabinet in my office with light bars. I want them near the cube so there's the tank glow & then the glass glow.

I have problems
I Dont Care Whatever GIF

Back