3   0   0
Good Morning Dancing GIF by Boomerang Official

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 holes sorry. 1 on full slightly lower than the... 2nd with the gate valve. For going the box. I think.
You're going to need to be pumping So much water through a 12 gallon to keep a 3/4" pipe at a full siphon, without a valve . I would just do a single hole, riser/ durso.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm... Ok doing the Google for that one
A 3/4" pipe will do about 600gph under full siphon. That is 50x turnover. Now add a secondary that is going to need at least another 200 gph to clear the line of air and you're at 68x turnover.

The best option is a Herbie. Full siphon for the main drain+ gate and an open secondary/e line which will normalize the pump inconsistency.

What I would do is a single hole 1" Durso. Simple. Less holes. Time tested.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 3/4" pipe will do about 600gph under full siphon. That is 50x turnover. Now add a secondary that is going to need at least another 200 gph to clear the line of air and you're at 68x turnover.

The best option is a Herbie. Full siphon for the main drain+ gate and an open secondary/e line which will normalize the pump inconsistency.

What I would do is a single hole 1" Durso. Simple. Less holes. Time tested.
Got it. Brainstorming during the marathon tomorrow. Keep my mind active :)

Tank is 36 x 8 x 11H

Need a small footprint, this is the tank someone else did. Trying to understand what they did

Last edited:

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smaller full siphon?

2 durso drains? One main and an emergency?
A duro turns into a full siphon, by design when weeping hole at the top is covered. It doesn't need an e drain. If you have a secondary, may as well add a valve and have a herbie

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A duro turns into a full siphon, by design when weeping hole at the top is covered. It doesn't need an e drain. If you have a secondary, may as well add a valve and have a herbie
Herbie without a box? I think is what they are doing on these tanks. It's an extra hole but saves on space.

I'm dumb I need to draw it on paper. Lol

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there. Break out the welder and charge more for the custom work.
Meh, grinder with a cutting bit on the inside of the pipe nipple to weaken the walls, sharp smack with a chisel, and done. My boss doesn't know that yet though. Gonna let him sweat it out as the deaerator emergency vent I just installed weighs about 80 lbs and I got to do it alone on my day off...

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steveopora will grow in the basin of a porto jon at said rave and for those who have never used an outhouse at a rave....

bazinga GIF
It has been in a tank since 1971. Like dads tank that used a pump to push water up the beach in a garden hose and into the tank and then overflow down a garden hose and back down the beach kind of tank lol.

Super durable and awesome coral.

Back