My new Chaeto Shredded to Pieces

Crushed_A

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a small baseball sized Chaeto arrive from ReefCleaners and when I put it into my sump, it tumbled a bit, and then shredded to pieces when it went under the drain pipe. I had to use a net to gather all the shreds. I put it into a ziplock baggy, poked holes in it, and zip tied it to my emergency drain. Think it will recover? I then picked up another ball from a local reefer and put a filter sock on to reduce the turbulence. Any thoughts on what else I should do? I just upgraded to a triton44 sump and want to get the refugeum going with Chaeto to prep for the triton method. I was using an algea scrubber before this.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bits of cheeto are capable of growing if there are enough nutrients, iron and good light for them. Personally I find an ATS much more effective at removing excess nutrients although I have both.

OP
OP
C

Crushed_A

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I have a kessil H380 over the fuge and about 11 fish and I feed heavy. Should be enough nutrients. Also sending in my icp test to check out all my trace elements.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You will have plenty in no time :). or :(

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back