0   0   0
_DSC0023.jpg

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that looks yummy... deep fried with a little lemon juice!

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up one little guy from RL as well... tiny baby maxima almost an inch and my first scoly
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371326261.931152.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371326293.495402.jpg

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! He seems to be very healthy. He's about 5", so maybe he's big enough to make it.

Liquid...Is that the orange scoly???? I LOVED the orange one, but my luck if I pay that much for something it will die on me...guaranteed. I saw the baby clams there. I tried a small one about a year ago, but my Valentini ate it. Gave the puffer to a new good home and trying again. Yours is pretty!

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah....loved the scoly... I'm half expecting to lose it but wanted to try. My tanks been stable so fingers crossed! Glad you picked up the monster clam! They can be addictive in their own right. There are some seriously crazy clams out there! I've got two and I'm sure there'll be a third soon. Any idea what a group of clams is referred to as?

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this your first clam? If so you made a smart choice by getting a duresa. IME they're easier to care for then lps. They grow quickly though. Reaching a max of 24". They prefer the sandbed but mine is on my rock work. They need medium light, unlike other clams. I keep mine right next to my maxima near the top.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my second clam ohio. The first one I had was a baby Crocea less than 2". It didn't make it because of my puffer. Puffer is gone now, so I'm trying again. This one is ORA tank raised Derasa and I'm hoping he will be more resilient. I have him on the sand bed 30" from LED's. I hope he grows quickly..lol..that's much better than it dying on me. Hopefully I have plenty of room on the bottom in my 180.
Is this your first clam? If so you made a smart choice by getting a duresa. IME they're easier to care for then lps. They grow quickly though. Reaching a max of 24". They prefer the sandbed but mine is on my rock work. They need medium light, unlike other clams. I keep mine right next to my maxima near the top.

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm jealous Liquid! That orange scoly was absolutely gorgeous! If you get tired of it, I'll sacrifice and take it off your hands.....lololol
Yeah....loved the scoly... I'm half expecting to lose it but wanted to try. My tanks been stable so fingers crossed! Glad you picked up the monster clam! They can be addictive in their own right. There are some seriously crazy clams out there! I've got two and I'm sure there'll be a third soon. Any idea what a group of clams is referred to as?

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's my second clam ohio. The first one I had was a baby Crocea less than 2". It didn't make it because of my puffer. Puffer is gone now, so I'm trying again. This one is ORA tank raised Derasa and I'm hoping he will be more resilient. I have him on the sand bed 30" from LED's. I hope he grows quickly..lol..that's much better than it dying on me. Hopefully I have plenty of room on the bottom in my 180.

What LEDs do you have? And a 180 is plenty of room. Here is a 2 month growth shot on my duresa under mild light. Now that I upgraded its growing like a weed.
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1371337291.972229.jpg

The white is new growth.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet looking Derasa, I almost got one today as well but I couldn't pull the trigger at $60 for one that was only 2".

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running AI Vegas.
What LEDs do you have? And a 180 is plenty of room. Here is a 2 month growth shot on my duresa under mild light. Now that I upgraded its growing like a weed.
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1371337291.972229.jpg

The white is new growth.

OP
OP
Connie

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard you can dip clams in Bayer. Is that true Skinz? If so, what strength do you use and for how long?

Back