My new indophyllia, scolymia and acanthophyllia

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I'd share my new pets. The indophyllia and scoly were doing great and ate tonight, but the acanthophyllia hasn't fully expanded yet, and wasn't looking for food yet. The scolymia and acanthophyllia had some a few skeleton pieces showing, so hopefully those heal. They had a long cold trip from Austin.

The indophyllia is amazing with the translucent sections. It's almost impossible to show in a photo, but you can see through some sections.

IMG_20171121_203553.jpg

OP
OP
Ocelaris

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And someone threw up their dinner! Next to the rock by the scolymia, is a mucus covered sack of fauna marin lps medium pellets. Not sure who you though, didn't stick around to see who kept their meal down.

IMG_20171122_093400.jpg

Vincent100

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice corals .....I love the acanthophyllia
Their turning into my favourite coral
I'v a big one in my tank and have my eyes on a rainbow at a fish store that's miles from me .,......they want £ 500 for it and I'm nearly at the point of giving in an getting it ...gonna offer £450 and see what they say
I'll tell the wife I paid about £ 75 for it lol
Really corals tho my friend
If you don't mind how much did you pay for your acanthophyllia

OP
OP
Ocelaris

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice corals .....I love the acanthophyllia
Their turning into my favourite coral
I'v a big one in my tank and have my eyes on a rainbow at a fish store that's miles from me .,......they want £ 500 for it and I'm nearly at the point of giving in an getting it ...gonna offer £450 and see what they say
I'll tell the wife I paid about £ 75 for it lol
Really corals tho my friend
If you don't mind how much did you pay for your acanthophyllia
The acanthophyllia was about 200, but that's lower than I've ever seen. I don't get the 500 price point, it seems fairly random, but that's what most people charge for them.

The acanthophyllia has some septa (bone) through, and still hasn't inflated, so I'm hoping it pulls through. The other two are doing great.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back