OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my current lighting schedule. Update: fish are healthy! The clown and gramma are getting along well, the clowns actually to needy and follows the gramma to much so he tries to go in his burrow and the gramma does not like it one bit.

Still trying to figure out stocking. Pretty sure my for sure fish is a pistol shrimp and goby pair, really would love a yasha goby and candy cane pistol shrimp. It would be nice if anyone had any reputable sources to order fish and inverts from as I’ve never done that and very weary.

For sure want a captive breed ring spotted dragonet.

third fish not sure ideally an open swimmer excluding cardinals, kinda boring. I wanted a purple fire fish, still do but concerned I’ll add another fish that sticks to the rock work. Also would a pistol shrimp and cleaner shrimp get along or be all out war? I don’t see a big issue personally but never kept two in the same tank.

Also if anyone has advice on copepods that would be nice. Thinking of ordering a jar of algea beans galaxy pods, but do I HAVE to stay feeding phytoplankton to keep a stable population or just until the tank gets mature?

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Igor the skunk cleaner shrimp didn’t make it. Passed away last afternoon. Not sure totally why, ammonia and all harmful levels are 0. Performed a water change the day before but everything was warmed up and matched well. Maybe he wasn’t getting fed a good diet not sure. Will be waiting a while before adding more inverts to the tank. Hermit crabs seem to be doing well though!

OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put together my first DIY Red Sea net cover. Well any DIY net cover really. Wasn’t too bad cutting, used my band saw and got the frame together pretty quickly. Installing the netting. Little challenging. Definetly needed a second hand and took a bit to find the perfect balance of tension. Over all, came out well. Do have some imperfections surrounding the over flow but no big deal for me. It’s in the back and well simply put the nets not the focal point. Lol I’d recommend it to any one handy and has a spare hand.

Attachments

• IMG_7193.jpeg
    IMG_7193.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7192.jpeg
    IMG_7192.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
ItouchedThebutt

ItouchedThebutt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also today forgot to post pics but dumped 4 bottles of algae barns eco pods along with their coraline algae pink and purple bottles. First time using that company and more than pleased. Package came wrapped in insulation and seems like everything made it just fine. All pods were kicking and swimming. Dumped two bottles into display and two into the fuge with ruble rock and bio bricks. Also picked up a bottle of phytoplankton. Definetly recommend ordering from them, had a good experience here. They also give you a Swedish fish, the wife took mine unfortunately. Lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back