Restarting my refugium

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t run a fuge in 4 or 5 years. The nutrients have been a little high in my SPS tank lately, so I’m planning on restarting.

One of the reasons I shut down the old fuge was snails clogging my skimmer and return pump, so no snails down there this time.

I’m planning to run 1 tunze light opposite my display lighting schedule. I have access to feather caulerpa and cheato.

I’m planning to keep the filter sock. Should I clean out all the miracle mud and rock?

IMG_1223.jpeg

Bpones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep rock in my fuge. I feel like more can’t hurt and it gives the fuge a little more area for pods to reproduce.

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also kept rock and sand in my fuge. I ran caulerpa prolifera in mine and it took to sand better. Sounds like you got a good plan!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I haven’t run a fuge in 4 or 5 years. The nutrients have been a little high in my SPS tank lately, so I’m planning on restarting.

One of the reasons I shut down the old fuge was snails clogging my skimmer and return pump, so no snails down there this time.

I’m planning to run 1 tunze light opposite my display lighting schedule. I have access to feather caulerpa and cheato.

I’m planning to keep the filter sock. Should I clean out all the miracle mud and rock?

IMG_1223.jpeg
Add rock, chemipure blue and poly-filter pad

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back