My new SPS Tank

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

After five years of keeping a Fish Only, I just started a new SPS tank.

This tank has 50 days and I´m keeping my alk and ca just with kalkwasser. In 2 or 3 months I think I will start with balling ( tropic Marin ) plus kalk

My setup is :

2x Hydra 52
1x Hydra 26 HD
2x T5 Blue Plus
2x T5 Coral Plus

Nero5 , Mp40 and Gyre

Viper 3.0

Skimmer octopus 1000

Apex controller and I´m dosing kalk with kamoer.

No3 = 0 ( salifert )
Po4 = 0,03ppm ( Hanna )
Alk = 7,5 ( Hanna )

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This is the last video that I did for my youtube channel and I show my sump in this video :

Best Regards

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re going to have to get that nitrate and alk up! Kalk won’t support a sps system. What is calcium and mg?

I always keep no3 = zero and alk around 7. Yes I know about kalk , but for now, kalk is enough

I do not test Ca and Mg, so I don´t know.

Best Regards

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back Roberto, from Brazil? If so, I have followed your tanks for years :) I may be wrong, but know your name, lol, but more importantly style. Best of luck, cannot wait to see this grow :)
Cheers

If what Perry says is true and you are the Great Roberto Denadai , I think we all are simply students compared to all your amazing tanks over the years !!
We should all simply get our seats in the front row and let the master teach away !!!!

So excited to have you on Reef2Reef if you are The Denadai ...

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks so clean... almost too clean.

what is on the bottom?

liking the simple scape tho!

Just glass on the bottom.

Some tanks that I had in the past ( yes I know, too clean )

geral.jpg

9.jpg

color2.jpg

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back Roberto, from Brazil? If so, I have followed your tanks for years :) I may be wrong, but know your name, lol, but more importantly style. Best of luck, cannot wait to see this grow :)
Cheers

Yes, I´m Roberto Denadai from Brazil. Thank you for your kind words.

Best Regards

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If what Perry says is true and you are the Great Roberto Denadai , I think we all are simply students compared to all your amazing tanks over the years !!
We should all simply get our seats in the front row and let the master teach away !!!!

That's him, he's back, so pop the corn, going to be an epic ride. I think he introduced Carlos Moreno's tank to RC sps forum back in the day. I will never forget Roberto's style, didn't have to even look at username, lol :)

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A fair warning to all Reef2Reef users - not sure if you have been reefing for long time , but to me this guy was one of the greatest acro keepers and a true legend ! So please don’t be amazed and surprised and keep your suggestions in check to really understand his amazing ways of reefing !

Finally one of the Acro Gods is back among us mortals .. so excited man !

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you very much Abhishek. Actually, we are all students in this hobby

Best Regards

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A fair warning to all Reef2Reef users - not sure if you have been reefing for long time , but to me this guy was one of the greatest acro keepers and a true legend ! So please don’t be amazed and surprised and keep your suggestions in check to really understand his amazing ways of reefing !

Finally one of the Acro Gods is back among us mortals .. so excited man !

I second this. Love your tanks man! Been an admirer of your skills since i first saw your tank years back with xm 10k I believe. Is this your first led tank???

Your natural coloration, clean style and ability to color these wild fragments is awesome!

Newer reefers here need to keep an eye on this tank and learn how it’s done. There are many ways to keep tanks and he has this method nailed down! I really hope you keep the nice bright pastel colors on this tank and hope you have good luck with the leds!

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second this. Love your tanks man! Been an admirer of your skills since i first saw your tank years back with xm 10k I believe. Is this your first led tank???

Your natural coloration, clean style and ability to color these wild fragments is awesome!

Newer reefers here need to keep an eye on this tank and learn how it’s done. There are many ways to keep tanks and he has this method nailed down! I really hope you keep the nice bright pastel colors on this tank and hope you have good luck with the leds!

Thank you. So I think we are getting old right? :)

I used to have a small pico ( 10G ) with led ( one hydra 52 ). But this time I also have 4xT5 with leds, better coverage I think.

Here , two pictures :

1111.jpg

agosto.jpg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. So I think we are getting old right? :)

I used to have a small pico ( 10G ) with led ( one hydra 52 ). But this time I also have 4xT5 with leds, better coverage I think.

Here , two pictures :

1111.jpg

agosto.jpg

Wow amazing you can even do it with a nano. I just setup a 5 gallon nano tank and am about to stock it. Inspiring for sure. Is there anything you do to achieve the nice light colors besides just low nutrients? Also curious as to what you think the most important part of keeping the nano tank was? Did you have any livestock besides the sps?
And it does feel like time is flying and things are changing. I would bet if no one posted that you knew what you were doing, this thread would get filled with posts like “you need to raise your nutrients or turn down your lights or your starving your coral”. Not many reefers are keeping tanks like you here in the USA these days. Low nutrient issues has scared most people towards high nutrient dark coloration sps tanks.
Looking forward to future updates.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back