My no longer tank

likemike99

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2010
Messages
364
Reaction score
193
Location
Pensacola, Fl
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So this was my tank. My wife is in the military and we had to unexpectedly move to Alaska. I had to sell all the livestock dirt cheap due to short timing of the move. Anyway I had to put my stuff in storage while in Alaska. We are now in Seattle area. When I unpacked it all most of my electronics rusted out. I had tried to make sure I freshwater washed everything but I guess when it is in storage for 2 years, you have to expect some loss. Anyway. My lights are still good. and I have a red sea max C-skim (not sure of function). What recommendations would you guys make in the order of buying new stuff? I was thinking return pump first, then heater, then circ pumps. I figured I would just have an empty tank for a while just top make sure the tank holds up. they buy my testing equiptment.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8774.JPG
    IMG_8774.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 221
can you buy corals from US vendors in Alaska? or is it not allowed because they'd have to cross the Canadian border?
 
I'd first buy and start cycling dry rock.
Then spend that time collecting equipment for the display.

Check out sales on local Seattle forums / reef clubs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new