OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! I took some inspiration from you and got a Citroen goby to add to the 50g. It's doing what goby's does so far.
Cool. Does it sift sand? The yellow watchman doesn't so I need a sand sifter and more cuc!

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no3 seems stable at 20. Will wait until next week to do another 5 or 10 percent water change. Want to keep things stable. Alk up to 8 now. Ca 400 and mg up to 1350 so looking good. PO4 is 0 so am dosing neophos. Might add a bit of coral powder but not enough to raise no3

yellow watchman and pistol shrimp seem fine. Never see the goby eating though.
Nem doing great. Scared the heck out of me yesterday when I saw the center all black (like brown jelly) but figured it was pooping. A while later back to normal. Seems to shrink daily around same time so might be a light response as it comes back in full bloom.

Corals: a bit of gsp and a shell with 2 zoas. Have to figure out where to put the zoas. Choice is to pick a rock and just let it go? Or try to contain it. Have a leather in the big tank that I'll move over.

so far so good!

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try frozen mysis, I'm feeding thawed mysis and brine with some Kent zoe to the new Citron Goby & Lamarck's I added. They are eating like pigs. Planning to ease in some flake next.

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try frozen mysis, I'm feeding thawed mysis and brine with some Kent zoe to the new Citron Goby & Lamarck's I added. They are eating like pigs. Planning to ease in some flake next.
I do feed frozen mysis, and brine and some other frozen in a condiment bottle. I also hatched some brine shrimp. I've seen it eat 1 pc of mysis so far! I'm assuming it must be getting something...

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HudsonReefer2.0 tried to go to your build thread but when I click, all I get is a screen size photo of your tank which looks awesome btw. Might want one of the mods to check to see if something is wrong?

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so excited. My clown discovered the nem! First time I've had this! Or such a healthy nem! Thanks again @Lbrdsoxfan
(edited to get the right name in there lol's. It was a brutal 9 hr work day--retail so am brain dead! Sorry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so far so good! Will test tank this weekend. Nem moved up high and I was happy. Then it started going down the backside lol's. Might have to see how to change my intensity of my preset. Small clown sort of checking out the nem. Big clown loves it. Watchman and goby pair doing their thing. See them all over. Hope those rocks are firm on the bottom as they were added after....

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah it just perches, a lot!

I just ordered a crapload of nassarius snails for sand sifting, we will see how it goes.
I love nassarius snails. Need to find a new source for cuc. Won't use reef cleaners anymore. Too many doa's and not a good response when I do the DOA

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love nassarius snails. Need to find a new source for cuc. Won't use reef cleaners anymore. Too many doa's and not a good response when I do the DOA
Crud... I just did a large order of blue leg hermits from reef cleaners. We will see how it goes! I usually buy cuc from the local LFS, but stock is lousy with the weather still.

I bought the nassarius off of eBay, 100 for 20 bucks with free shipping, they are the smaller variety, but overall good arrival!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back