My observation on my tangs aggression.

Jmcg89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to post about somthing i noticed recently incase it helps anyone else.
I have a Powder Brown and a Hippo as the only tangs in a 6ft 180 and id been noticing the powder brown getting much more territorial lately.
The more i watched the worse it seemed although the hippo has no visible injuries and seems to just go about his day unfased as the PBT buzzes a couple cicles around him.
But the interesting thing is that when i go away from the tank and watch from a distance the agression is almost completely gone.
I figure the PBT says hey its feeding time when ever he sees me and lays down the law.
So for any one dealing with aggression maybe try watching from somewhere the fish cant see you for a bit before trying anything too drastic or thinking its a lost cause!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tangs and angel have tail pushing battles. Its good they dont use their mouths

OP
OP
Jmcg89

Jmcg89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been feeding them like crazy to try and help. Nori every day plus pellets and a mix I make up with rods food, mysis and frozen algae cubes. Feeding at least 3 or 4 times a day

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for any one dealing with aggression maybe try watching from somewhere the fish cant see you for a bit before trying anything too drastic or thinking its a lost cause!

I hide in a refrigerator box with cutout peep holes

looking married with children GIF

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been feeding them like crazy to try and help. Nori every day plus pellets and a mix I make up with rods food, mysis and frozen algae cubes. Feeding at least 3 or 4 times a day
The extra feeding is helping them associate you with food; not a bad suggestion to get something to feed them automatically when you’re not around so you can stand in front of your tank without a rumble.

OP
OP
Jmcg89

Jmcg89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The extra feeding is helping them associate you with food; not a bad suggestion to get something to feed them automatically when you’re not around so you can stand in front of your tank without a rumble.
Good point

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back