My other hobby

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
3,361
Reaction score
58
Location
TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you may remember from this thread https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/lounge/40707-my-new-african-violet-chimera.html that I also grow african violets. In addition I grow Episcias, commonly known as "flame violets." They're grown mostly for foliage. Here are mine:

Episcias006.jpg

Silver Skies- 5" pot

Episcias005.jpg

Silver Dust- 5" pot

Episcias004.jpg

Ember Lace- 5" pot

Episcias003.jpg

La Solidad Bronze- 5" pot

Episcias002.jpg

Kee Wee- 6" pot
 
That's pretty neat! Those are pretty! :D
 
Reminds me of when I was growing up. My mom always had african violets around the house. Very pretty
 
Oh, I love that Ember Lace!

Thanks Sara! That one is my favorite too. The pink, green, and white make a nice contrast. It hasn't bloomed for me yet, but it's supposed to be pink.
 
I like them all, but really love that ember lace. I need a frag! lol!!!

They produce stolons (think strawberry plant runners) so they're quite easy to propagate/frag. I've done it with Silver Skies and La Solidad Bronze. There's a plant sale in October that they're going to.
 
Sweet plants......If you ever get a cutting or what ever of that sweet Ember lace let me know......I would love to have a cutting to add to my dart frog vivarium.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new