My PE with and without LEDs

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, just thought this was cool. first pic was with, 14k halides phoenix bulbs. second pic was with giesemann T5s pure actinic and a blue led supplement bar.

IMAG0870.jpg

IMG_3183.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys. yeah LEDs really pop that coral! i like how it brings out colors that's not there in plain daylight.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's some nice compareings there its decieveing a bit when a vendor sells a coral under leds and when you get it and are runnin mh's or t5 and it don't look the same but is same coral lol

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah. i just thought it was cool how the leds/actinics bring out alot of colors that aren't seen with daylights. but i still think the first PE under flash looks really nice! and btw i couldn't even get the colors that were displaying to the eye. once i get the camera "adjusted" then i'll repost pics that i think is what i see when i'm looking in my tank.

Last edited:

engineeronh2o

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure if you shine Royal Blue LEDs over brown button polyps, it makes them look fantastic. I would rather have coral that looks great under normal 14K, instead of making my tank look like a rave party. Whats the point? Making brown turn to purple? Great comparisons so now we all see what vendors use to make their $5 polyps look like $50 polyps.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like how my zoas in the first pic look under my ONLY 14K phoenix bulbs too! i just thought it was cool how other colors come out with supplements.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure if you shine Royal Blue LEDs over brown button polyps, it makes them look fantastic. I would rather have coral that looks great under normal 14K, instead of making my tank look like a rave party. Whats the point? Making brown turn to purple? Great comparisons so now we all see what vendors use to make their $5 polyps look like $50 polyps.

Umm not really t5s or vho do the same thing man.... Any actinic will give them pop fwiw....

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back