OP
ISFNick

ISFNick

Nano Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two years after starting my last build, I've decided to start another little pico reef, this time in a 3-gallon Marineland cube.
I'm going to keep this build really simple. I'm using pre-mixed Fritz Red Bucket saltwater for my weekly 1-gallon water changes, and I have a 4-year-old piece of live rock generously donated by a local reefer.
For flow, I'm running the stock Marineland pump, and for light I'm running an AI Prime 16HD with violets at 40, blues at 30, cool white at 20, and zero for everything else.
In the filter, I'm running an InTank media basket, with filter floss up top and Aquabiomics Live Reef Rubble as biological filtration in the back, pre-cycled. This and the live rock will help me kickstart my path to success and skip the nasty stage and nitrogen cycle.

For livestock, I have 1 small clownfish, a couple hermits, and a trochus snail. Simple.

For corals, I have 1 acan head and 1 zoa frag to see how LPS and softies respond, and they're already open and eating Reef Roids. I plan on adding more LPS, and lots of zoas.

Thank you for reading!

OP
OP
ISFNick

ISFNick

Nano Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2310.jpeg

Little update:
Picked up 6 frags from a local reefer, including a forest fire digi, and exosphere zoas. Really hoping to see the zoas add some coverage.

Also dosed some copepods and phyto as well to support the ecology of the system.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2310.jpeg

Little update:
Picked up 6 frags from a local reefer, including a forest fire digi, and exosphere zoas. Really hoping to see the zoas add some coverage.

Also dosed some copepods and phyto as well to support the ecology of the system.
Love the aquascape!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 59 40.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 34 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 4.8%
Back