My polite RBTA

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse me. Beg your pardon. Don't mind me, I'll just squeeze through and be out of your sweepers.
IMG_20211206_234414016_HDR.jpg

So far made it all the way around the zoas and between the duncan and candy canes, tentacles retracted. Fingers crossed they stay friendly.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse me. Beg your pardon. Don't mind me, I'll just squeeze through and be out of your sweepers.
IMG_20211206_234414016_HDR.jpg

So far made it all the way around the zoas and between the duncan and candy canes, tentacles retracted. Fingers crossed they stay friendly.
I couldn't decide between the HaHa or Wow emoticon for this post. That's amazing! I want to see a video of a nem moving because that is just mindblowing and somewhat alien-like that they can do this! :)

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I had time for a video, but I was just having a midnight peek at the tank and found this--I knew it was on the move, but perplexed as to why it decided to go down in the rock and why it stayed retracted while doing it!

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is feeling a bit amorous toward the teal candy cane. I've moved it twice, and the RBTA has gone full on Pepe Le Pew after it!
IMG_20211207_061047507.jpg

I'm not sure what to do right now, so I've left them alone and hoping it doesn't end in disaster.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't decide between the HaHa or Wow emoticon for this post. That's amazing! I want to see a video of a nem moving because that is just mindblowing and somewhat alien-like that they can do this! :)
Watch carefully. They're not fast! :D

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch carefully. They're not fast! :D

Haha! That is so funny! Do you think they pick up speed during lights out? So many members mention putting them in one side of their tank only to wake up the next day and find them somewhere on the other side of the tank. Haha. I pictured them moving like little sports cars! LOL

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is not fast, but I think it picks up speed at night. Squeezes itself into a smaller ball and scoots that foot around a bit more visibly.
You have to get a night vision camera on that! :)

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to get a night vision camera on that! :)
I sometime go in lights off at night and flip the phone light on when I get to the tank to see what's happening. Always hoping to find my lost goby or pistol (the latter I know still lives). Maybe that's got them a little edgy?

Let's ignore the behavior of checking in on your tank at night!

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always tell an anemone is moving when their foot becomes all inflated lol it’s weird watching it
That is some impressive glass scaling!

I've noticed the same thing. Foot in a crevice, not going anywhere. A little rounded on the edges, revving up it's engine... Practically peeling out, relatively speaking!

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The video I posted was after lights out. I turned on the light in the kitchen (tank is on the counter) and that's what I saw.

The next morning that BTA was in the back chamber of the AiO tank. :D

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The video I posted was after lights out. I turned on the light in the kitchen (tank is on the counter) and that's what I saw.

The next morning that BTA was in the back chamber of the AiO tank. :D
I saw your post! That's crazy! I've been thinking of putting an egg crate cover over the intake just to prevent possibly blocking it and flooding the tank, but now I'm guessing it would be no deterrent if the RBTA decides to squeeze through.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sometime go in lights off at night and flip the phone light on when I get to the tank to see what's happening. Always hoping to find my lost goby or pistol (the latter I know still lives). Maybe that's got them a little edgy?

Let's ignore the behavior of checking in on your tank at night!
I check my tank all day and at night. Sometimes I find my daytime creatures seem more active at night and some of the shy ones make an appearance so I totally understand why you'd be doing that. :) I guess they don't sleep for eight hours. LOL

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Front of tank on glass lol was going for a stroll , I later used a credit card to get him onto the rock
That is hilarious!! I would love to have a nem but at this point my 5g is a little too small. Everything that goes in there has to be super peaceful because there isn't a heck of a lot of room so anything that stings, etc. won't work so well. Haha.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is hilarious!! I would love to have a nem but at this point my 5g is a little too small. Everything that goes in there has to be super peaceful because there isn't a heck of a lot of room so anything that stings, etc. won't work so well. Haha.
I think rfa are rather peaceful nems and would work if you decided on having an anemone , they don’t move once in a spot usually

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think rfa are rather peaceful nems and would work if you decided on having an anemone , they don’t move once in a spot usually
Oh wow. Thanks so much for this! I will definitely check them out because I really want one. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back