My radion doesn't understand "Daylight Savings Time"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t really think the solution to a simple few lines of software is me buying a $100 piece of hardware so it can adjust the time. I rarely adjust my lights so plugging in a USB cord makes sense for me.

Maintaining time accurately just seems like something a device which is time-based should perform without superfluous external hardware.
I understand where you are coming from on this. But what is you live in a state or country that does no observe DST? Won't those users also have a complaint?

No one is forced to buy the reef link, If you don't buy it, the clock is still right half of the time. It's not like the animals care. To them either the light is on or off. The sun's schedule does not change with DST.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand where you are coming from on this. But what is you live in a state or country that does no observe DST? Won't those users also have a complaint?

No one is forced to buy the reef link, If you don't buy it, the clock is still right half of the time. It's not like the animals care. To them either the light is on or off. The sun's schedule does not change with DST.
True statement about the animals. It’s all about me, 100% :)

As to whether or not you’re in a location that observes it, that’s also an easy fix in software. They know where I live thanks to my registration info. :)

mckinney0171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my pair randomly get unsync'ed and start operating differently. i always have to reprogram them and it seems to fix it. i have never figured out why..

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little off topic but thats just me. Reeflink is the main reason why I went with ecotech radions, mp40 and M1. Its just a router that you can put anywhere in your house and once synced to your pumps, besides creating a schedule, it tells me when my pump is off, power consumption, and I can control it anywhere in the world. Since I don't have a controller the reeflink along with the seneye give me the ability to know if I have power, water level, temperature, and turn off the lights if needed. Along with that a battery backup and I am somewhat confident I have control of my system. Now besides that your telling me it adjust day light time:)

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone experiencing the same issue with Mobius?

My four G6 blues were off by about 4 hours and seemed to have different intensity outputs as well. The tank is at the office, and I just happened to notice about a week or so after the time change that the lights were very dim before I left at 5pm, when I had previously scheduled sunset at 8pm. Reset it all and everything seems ok, but still... Alk consumption has dropped since the unscheduled schedule change and subsequent correction back to normal. I'm sure it will be fine once the corals adjust, but odd, no?

I just run the "canned" AB+ schedule as it comes with my preferred times, so it's no big deal to go back in and reselect the template, intensity, and times.... But you'd think it would be able to manage the change automatically.

Is there a way to avoid this, or do you simply have to manually go in and confirm the schedule after a time change?

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone experiencing the same issue with Mobius?

My four G6 blues were off by about 4 hours and seemed to have different intensity outputs as well. The tank is at the office, and I just happened to notice about a week or so after the time change that the lights were very dim before I left at 5pm, when I had previously scheduled sunset at 8pm. Reset it all and everything seems ok, but still... Alk consumption has dropped since the unscheduled schedule change and subsequent correction back to normal. I'm sure it will be fine once the corals adjust, but odd, no?

I just run the "canned" AB+ schedule as it comes with my preferred times, so it's no big deal to go back in and reselect the template, intensity, and times.... But you'd think it would be able to manage the change automatically.

Is there a way to avoid this, or do you simply have to manually go in and confirm the schedule after a time change?
Every year at daylight savings, Mobius always screws everything up. You would think an easy time sync in the app wouldnt throw everything off with your programming, but it always does.

DeputyDog95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every year at daylight savings, Mobius always screws everything up. You would think an easy time sync in the app wouldnt throw everything off with your programming, but it always does.
I guess the only answer is to remember to go in and check and/or reset everything twice a year. Not a big deal, but shouldn't be that complicated either.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back