My Red Sea Reefer 350 Build

ScotPurser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first post or thread but very excited to show off my Red Sea Reefer 350. This is my first saltwater aquarium and I love it and could watch it for hours. I'm four months into it and it has been nothing but great everything is moving along nicely. I have changed the look several times and finally feel like I got it the way I want it. One of the most notable difference is when I removed the black back off the glass it really opened up the entire tank. The equipment I finally choice and I tried several different things. I still haven't set up the dosing system yet just don't figure it is necessary four months into the build.

Red Sea Reefer 350
4 - Hydra 32 HD lights
2 - Ecotech MP40's withe the Ecotech back up battery
The 3/4 Loc-Line for the return line
Caribsea LifeRock and Shapes Rock
Caribsea Fiji Pink Sand
Tunze ATO 3155
Innovative Marine 15 Gallon Hydrofill Reservoir
Red Sea 300 Protein Skimmer
BRS Titanium 300w Heater with the BRS Aquarium Heater Controller
BRS Carbon Mini Reactor (Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 Pump)
Coralife Turbo Twist UV Sterilizer 3x (Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 Pump)
Ecotech Vectra S2 Return Pump
Ecotech Versa Pump 4 Pack with Base Station

Things I think I did right - Very happy with the Ecotech products love the look of the MP40's in the tank and having the battery backup. I really like the Hydra 32 HD lights easy to control and makes the entire tank look beautiful. I had one Hydra 32 HD light that was slightly a different color mainly on the ramp up and ramp down. Contacted Hydra 32 HD support who sent me a new light that matched the rest of the lights excellent customer service. I watched a lot of BRS videos really helped me along as a newbie and made the experience a fun one.

Things I feel I did wrong in the beginning - I had a complete Apex Neptune System which just really complicated the whole setup and when I hooked up the Apex ATO it never worked correctly so I tried to call Neptune support who would only respond with a e-mail with a link to fix the problem, this never worked and I was never able to contact any by phone so I pulled every Apex device and sold it not worth the money I spent.

IMG_0311.jpeg IMG_0312.jpeg IMG_0313.jpeg IMG_0314.jpeg IMG_0315.jpeg IMG_0316.jpeg IMG_0317.jpeg IMG_0318.jpeg IMG_0319.jpeg IMG_0320.jpeg IMG_0321.jpeg IMG_0322.jpeg IMG_0323.jpeg

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! You're a natural, for a first time setup it looks beyond amazing.

I have to say, when I was reading the post and you said you took off the background I was prepared to be unimpressed when I got to the pictures, but man I was wrong. It's very rare that a tank with no background actually looks good to me, but you nailed it. No cables, windows, the odd outlet, wood paneling, wallpaper, etc. It really does look great the way you have it.

Your aquascape looks really good, I like how you have it as a continuous line but it doesn't feel like a wall of rock. The arches on the right and the open sand around works out well.

Your stand really is a thing of beauty though, everything looks great down there and I love the containers you're using for dosing and I'm guessing ATO res as well? Where did you get those and how much do they hold? (Edit: I see now you have a 15g res in the equip list)

I see 3 ecotech controllers but only 2 MP40s, I guess one is for the return pump?

Can you post a couple pics of a more white balance to the light? Will be nice to see the details of the aquascape and corals.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

ScotPurser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! You're a natural, for a first time setup it looks beyond amazing.

I have to say, when I was reading the post and you said you took off the background I was prepared to be unimpressed when I got to the pictures, but man I was wrong. It's very rare that a tank with no background actually looks good to me, but you nailed it. No cables, windows, the odd outlet, wood paneling, wallpaper, etc. It really does look great the way you have it.

Your aquascape looks really good, I like how you have it as a continuous line but it doesn't feel like a wall of rock. The arches on the right and the open sand around works out well.

Your stand really is a thing of beauty though, everything looks great down there and I love the containers you're using for dosing and I'm guessing ATO res as well? Where did you get those and how much do they hold? (Edit: I see now you have a 15g res in the equip list)

I see 3 ecotech controllers but only 2 MP40s, I guess one is for the return pump?

Can you post a couple pics of a more white balance to the light? Will be nice to see the details of the aquascape and corals.

Thanks Rjukan,
It has really been a fun experience getting to this point wish I had started a long time ago. Sometimes I just sit in front of the tank for hours just watching all the activity. The aquascape was pretty easy with the Caribsea LifeRock and Caribsea Shapes just all seemed to fit together. The dosing containers are the Bulk Reef Supply space saver jugs and they hold 4 liters. I do have a Ecotech return pump which I really like running all the Ecotech devices on the Mobius App. I will post more pictures soon my wife has a new iPhone that takes really good pictures.

Thanks again for the kind words hope you have a great evening.

Back