My RedSea Reefer 350

Mhalko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently set this tank up replacing my really cheap and inappropriate beginner setup. I had looked into where I wanted to go with the tank when I planned to upgrade and with the restrictions of wanting to be able to still use my 48 inch aquatic life T5 hybrid I chose the Reefer 350.

Ive been dealing with cloudy water for a few days now and the two 30% water changes haven’t seemed to help so I’ve continued to run carbon and cleaning the socks in hopes it’s not more complex than that.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Mhalko

Mhalko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has any recommendations for clearing up the water feel free to share and I also have two clowns in the tank one being a new addition as of about a week ago and the other older one who is bigger and the big one hasn’t picked at fins but has been giving chase for little spirts at a time. I figure it will take time for them to bond and as long as the little one has no signs of stress or damage he’s okay but does anyone know how long it will take or how I can speed up the process?

OP
OP
Mhalko

Mhalko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t updated this in a while so I figured I’d give some update because a lot has changed.
image.jpg

A ton on new corals and some new fish from a tank breakdown. I am still working on each pieces “happy place” in the tank and the BTA doesn’t know where it wants to sit either.
I never quite figured out why it kept getting cloudy but it has stopped.
After long debate I decided to pull the trigger on a goby pair with a pistol shrimp and don’t regret it one bit. As they dug their hole right in the front of the tank (thankfully)
image.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back