My Reef Addiction

Some new additions

20190131_172634-01.jpeg


20190131_172850-01.jpeg


20190131_173558-01.jpeg


20190131_172707-01.jpeg
 
Finally got rid of my long spined sea urchin. Once the tank was clean it started eating clove polyps. Then moved on to blastos, acans, and montipora. I was feeding it strips of nori every other day, but it wasn't enough to keep it satisfied.

IMG_20180814_123639_407.jpg
Thanks for sharing. Labor of love.
 
Started a pico with some rock and water from my mixed reef. The addiction is real:D
20190323_160805-01.jpeg 20190323_160754-01.jpeg
 
Also an updated full tank shot. Actually I've moved some stuff around after this. I just cant keep my arms out of the tank!
20190323_160317-01.jpeg
 
Made the switch from halide and t5s to all leds. Less heat = less algae and evaporation. So far so good!

IMG_20191229_193916_055.jpg
 
That's insane growth! Have you posted your tank, equipment, and dosing specs??
Standard 30gal tank, no sump.
Modified hob Coralife Super Skimmer 65 and a hob filter with a surface skimmer attachment. I've tried an algae reactor for a while without great success, so now I'm working on a hob refugium.
Generic wavemaker.
I'm using Fritz Reef Pro Salt, but I'll probably switch back Red Sea Coral Pro.
I dose Reef Fusion 1 and 2. 10ml of each, but on alternating days. Part 1 one day part 2 the next. NOPOX 2ml a day. Everything really exploded when I started dosing Aquavitro Fuel.
I just switched from halides to leds. Custom spectrum 300w MarsAqua. Everything is still adjusting, but the halides were amazing for growth.
Real live rock and sand. Some of the rock was dry, but most was bought live.
I run activated carbon with a little Seachem Phosguard mixed in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new