OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it’s affecting multiple types of coral, guessing not a predator. Probably toxin or chemistry, if it were me I’d be doing a ton of water changes and running carbon, striving for 100% turnover in a week. Curious if your nitrate and phosphate is bottomed out.
Nitrate @5-7.5ppm with hannachecker. 1.025salinity around 8.5 alk (hanna) yes they was 0-0 around 3 mounths ago -> cyano -> all that taken care off

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did add a aome snails and i made a mistake when adding reefpearl, did 10x normal dose (lps food) two days ago, but cant see way that shoud kill everything

dr_vinnie_boombatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a polyfilter? GAC - what is that?
I would get polyfilter if you can. GAC is granular activated carbon.

I missed it, what is your PO4?

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refractometer, tested with calibration fluid, should be correct. The reason I suspect pollution is that I see that the tissue on the sps corals split off in less than 24 hours, all the corals are struggling. several of the corals have a white thing around them. all flesh on lobophyllia seems to disintegrate. active carbon was worn out a long time ago.

replaced over 50% of all the water with new, and new carbon. if it dies now, it dies.

Hunger Games Odds GIF

OP
OP
K

klavmaister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trow all the sand and rock out, re do aquascape and start over? have a million vermetid snails, maybe dinos, had aptasia and bubbelalgee...Or is it better to "solve" the problems and continue?

based on what people are saying here: Either poisoning from Dino, poison in the water or a sharp swing down from one of the parameters

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a polyfilter? GAC - what is that?

Poly filter is the white, cotton-like material you can buy by the bag at the local fish store. It is a filter media whose job it is to polish water by removing fine particles from the water column.

GAC is just a short way of saying Granular Activated Carbon.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poly filter is the white, cotton-like material you can buy by the bag at the local fish store. It is a filter media whose job it is to polish water by removing fine particles from the water column.

GAC is just a short way of saying Granular Activated Carbon.
You are confusing poly filter with poly-fil. Not the same.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are confusing poly filter with poly-fil. Not the same.

Poly-fil offers mechanical filtration. Polyfilter offers both mechanical and chemical filtration?

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P04 0.01-0.03 not totaly sure (salifer test kitt)
That level of PO4 in a tank can suggest not enough nutrients are getting in. From my experience that level long term can kill corals, so my preference is for PO4 to be in the 0.08-0.15 range, lot safer. Reef experts can keep corals at 0.03 levels but one needs experience and thriving reef tank.

Also large water changes can help but due to swings they can cause issues. I prefer 10% water change done once a day for a week instead of one large water change. Try to keep things stable…

Also if you are using GAC I would suggest 40ml per 200L of water, changed once every 4 weeks. From my experience too much can stress corals.

Out of curiosity how is your GSP coral doing?
1711981079875.jpeg

I think I seen one in the pictures. If it is open and alive I believe you can save some of the other corals. The ones that are not dead…
GSP is very tolerant coral so if it is alive things are salvageable.

Anyway I would feed your fish using high quality pellets. My preference is Fauna Marin soft Multi mix. I feed 4 times a day… Nice plum fish (not paper thin) is good producer of coral food.

I would also consider dosing some carbon source to feed the bacteria in the tank. I prefer TM NP Bacto Ballance at like 0.2ml per 200L, not for nutrients control. The idea being the bacteria will be food source for corals and snails also enjoy the biofilm on the glass.

I would also feed coral food once a week. I like FM coral dust but people like Reef Roids. Sparingly, I observed with coral food less is more. Too much and corals do suffer.

I would repopulate with easy to keep corals like soft corals devil hand:
1711982806481.jpeg

Zoas:
1711982885716.jpeg

Maybe easier chalice corals:
1711982995053.jpeg

To build up coral mass and hopefully make the reef tank stable.

If your GSP is dying that is beyond my experience level…

Good luck,

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back