My Reef Room

Capt.kid

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2020
Messages
18
Reaction score
82
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, this is where I will share some of my pics, I. I really don't have a show tank but more of just growing different corals while trying new things.
20200427_183055.jpg

I have a 210 gal main tank with a 55 gal lowboy and a marine depot sump all connected.
I will update this profile this weekend . Thanks for stopping by
 
Well I have had a busy summer but have some sad news. We had a storm here in NJ where I lost power for 3 days, luckily I do have a generator so I made it through. But Long story short the sump water level dropped below my heater probe for the 55 and overnight cooked the entire tank. I lost most of my coral that iv bin taking care of and watching grow for over 3 years. Felt like I got punched in the gut and kicked in the B****.
My 210 gallon tank had bin set up since early 2017. Around 2019 I tied a 55-gallon low boy into that system for overflow and some frags.
 
form this...

20200427_183055.jpg
to this...:(
20200917_112103.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new