My reeftank, sps dominated

  • Thread starter Thread starter karma
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

karma

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2023
Messages
60
Reaction score
18
Location
Dominican republic
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my reeftank sps dominated.





WhatsApp Image 2026-08-25 at 11.54.43 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2026-08-25 at 11.54.43 AM.jpeg
 
Awesome-looking tank! Are you able to provide more detail about it?
Year it started those sort of things!
 
Awesome-looking tank! Are you able to provide more detail about it?
Year it started those sort of things!
It started a little over 3 years ago, with a different focus, but little by little I fell in love with Acropora corals, so I focus on them, especially high-end Acropora. It has a high flow rate, PAR between 800-300, nitrates 6, phosphates 0.05, KH 8.5, calcium 447 and magnesium 1400. It runs with a Georeef Silent CR818 calcium reactor. I maintain the pH between 7.95 and 8.30, raising it with sodium hydroxide and adding calcium chloride equivalent to AK sodium hydroxide. I don't do water changes; I keep everything according to the ICP. The lights are Orphek Atlantic Icon, and the aquarium dimensions are 60x22x27 inches. Adding the sump makes around 210 gallons.
 
Very nice looking tank!!
 
It started a little over 3 years ago, with a different focus, but little by little I fell in love with Acropora corals, so I focus on them, especially high-end Acropora. It has a high flow rate, PAR between 800-300, nitrates 6, phosphates 0.05, KH 8.5, calcium 447 and magnesium 1400. It runs with a Georeef Silent CR818 calcium reactor. I maintain the pH between 7.95 and 8.30, raising it with sodium hydroxide and adding calcium chloride equivalent to AK sodium hydroxide. I don't do water changes; I keep everything according to the ICP. The lights are Orphek Atlantic Icon, and the aquarium dimensions are 60x22x27 inches. Adding the sump makes around 210 gallons.
Impressive for only having it for three years! Thanks for sharing the details!
 
Impressive for only having it for three years! Thanks for sharing the details!
Although most Acropora specimens, including colonies, were a year or a year and a half old, some were only a few months old. 95% were just small fragments.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new