My regal angel is a nipper!

125mph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had several regal angels, potters and others and never had issues until this one.. I caught him pecking at my zoas and palys.. He's caused them all to close up. He doesnt eat them or anything but just keeps pecking at them from time to time. It looks more like a kiss than anything.. but obviously they dont like it and stay closed. is it over? time to move him out or any other way?\

For now, I divided the tank with egg crate and left him on the side until I figure what to do.

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish are like people, no two are alike. I've kept flames, potter's in the reef tank with no issues and then there is that one time. I would think about moving him to a new tank. Once they start they useally won't stop.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any large Angel species is going to nip some. Especially softies and LPS. Mine has a taste for Scoly's;Rage I don't know that you'll ever get one that doesn't taste your corals;Stop

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any large Angel species is going to nip some. Especially softies and LPS. Mine has a taste for Scoly's;Rage I don't know that you'll ever get one that doesn't taste your corals;Stop

It is possible to get lucky with one, I had success with a dwarf angel before not bothering my coral. I have been told though that it's just a matter of time before the fangs come out! ;Vamp

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible to get lucky with one, I had success with a dwarf angel before not bothering my coral. I have been told though that it's just a matter of time before the fangs come out! ;Vamp
For the most part the fangs due come out. Not always a matter of "If" but a matter of "When". This has been my, and my other salties, experience.

Back