My rescued pups!!!

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, here we go. A little about each one.

This is Rachael. I adopted her on my birthday 5 months after I lost my last pitbull to cancer at the age of 7. She was 5.5 months old when I adopted her. She will be 7 on Feb. 15.

rach1.jpg

and halloween last year
rachiedrunk.jpg

next is Rudy, the new baby. I got him after I lost my 7 year old male pit just before Thanksgiving to Lyme's disease (he was on his last day of treatment when the disease shut down his kidneys and attacked his heart). Rudy survived Parvo which his previous owners couldn't afford to treat. I don't have any great pictures of him yet, but working on it. He is about 7 months old now.

rudy1.jpg

OP
OP
S

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Lucy. She was saved along with her 6 one week old puppies that were born in a high kill gas shelter in GA. I had them moved and then transported here to keep them from being gassed. She is a chihuahua x beagle. Not a good picture of her but I don't have the good ones on the website yet.

lucydog.jpg

here are her puppies at 4 weeks old eating off a 10 inch paper plate.

plate.jpg

This is Linus, he is about 8 months old. He is Lucy's son. We kept him because he was born with a cerebral tremor which affects his balance, his eyesight and some other stuff. He is nuts, he is a chihuahua x beagle x dachshund. He loves his mother with all his heart and would probably not live without her, seriously.

3 weeks old

Linus.jpg

5 weeks

linus.jpg

OP
OP
S

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Linus at 10 weeks old. I will have to wait till I get home to get the more recent pictures.

Linus.jpg

This is Emmy Sue. She was also saved from the GA gas shelters. The best we can gather she is a Vizsla mix of some sort. I will tell you she can run like a gazelle and she can keep up with a herd of horses. Very quick!! This is her playing with Lucy's babies.

emmybabies1.jpg

This is Tipsy. She's an Australian Kelpie. She is also a rescue from Ga gas shelters. She was dumped while in labor on a Friday afternoon and was going to be gassed, along with her 8 puppies that she had that evening, on Sat. I called and had her moved and then brought up here 1 week later. She's an awesome dog who hopefully will be going to a forever home in Colorado. This is also a crappy picture.

Tipsy.jpg

This is my favorite picture of one of her baby boys.

Brutus
brutus2.jpg

The rest of the dogs are on the machine at home. I will update this with more, better pictures this weekend.

Sandy

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats a great thing your doing i can honestly say more then i could do, hats off to you it must not be cheap to take care of these guys do you have a place to get donation's to help foot the bill, I would as im sure others would like to help, you gota big heart.

jody

OP
OP
S

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awww Jody, that is very kind of you. One thing we don't do is take on more than we can handle ourselves. We do as much as we can, including donating to the group who is down in GA pulling dogs off deathrow every day, and know our limit. We are at our limit now. We have 2 chows and a big red dog who all came from GA who are going to have heartworm treatment and spay/neuter soon. Thankfully we have a vet that is willing to work with us and give us discounts.

I sincerely appreciate your wanting to help. You rock!

Someday dogs and cats won't be looked at as expendable. I dream of that becoming a reality every night.

Sandy

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics of Henry. He is an English Springer Spaniel. We rescued him from a kill shelter in the middle of bumbleF West Virginia. We drove all day through a snowstorm to get him. He was 6 weeks old (or so)
NewImage3.jpg

NewImage.jpg

jhfgvk.jpg

and the best one after he was fixed:
NewImage4.jpg

OP
OP
S

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, was he bothering the area of the surgery? I don't know why vets are putting e-collars on male dogs who are neutered. I have seen that more and more lately. Male dogs barely even know that something has happened it is such a small incisions and they are usually back to their normal selves in less than 24 hours. I had a client who kept that collar on her male dog for 10 days. I couldn't figure out why, the vet told her to do it. Ridiculous.

He is a very cute kid, great save!!

Sandy

OP
OP
S

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah that's good. I kept trying to tell my client they didn't need it any longer than a day or two but they didn't listen. So the poor dog was stuck in his crate with this thing on for 10 days. A miserable time for him.

Your boy is a cutie. I walk a 17 year old black/white Springer. He's a trip!!

Sandy

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanx!
Those were from that big snow we got last winter. He had a ball! he would dive in head first and pop his head up like a prarie dog!

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember that storm. I left my snow shovel on the lawn before the snow came. I didnt find it until weeks later when it melted. I had to buy a new one to shovel the drive. Stupid snow.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back