My restart 180 Gallon Mixed Reef.

ReefBrownie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2016
Messages
117
Reaction score
153
Location
Coushatta, Louisiana
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I intended to start this thread a while ago, but never got around to it. I started the hobby with a 75 gallon, then upgraded to a 125, and now finally to my dream size 60x24x30- 180 gallon when I moved in May 2021. I started with just wanting it to be an LPS dominant tank because I love Euphyllia and Acans, but I have experimented with SPS alittle. I currently use six DIY retrofit T5 bulbs in the canopy with black box for LED pop (going to replace those eventually). I have a 60 gallon sump and a 20 gallon refugium connected together with bulkheads. I use a Royal Exclusiv Vertex Alpha 250 protein skimmer, filter socks, and I use a Iwaki MD-40RT return. I will be getting 2 Maxspect 330 gyres to replace the jebao wavemakers I have now. Photos taken with Samsung Galaxy S10 plus.

20210620_165452.jpg 20210620_165646.jpg 20210620_165724.jpg 20220131_132738.jpg 20220131_132714.jpg 20220131_132814.jpg 20220131_132843.jpg
 
Looks nice - how many fish inhabit your reef?
I am currently working on restocking since I lost most of my fish when I moved to velvet.
But I have a melanarus wrasse, lawn mower blenny, 2 gold stripe maroon clownfish, bumblebee goby and blue hippo tang.
 
I am currently working on restocking since I lost most of my fish when I moved to velvet.
But I have a melanarus wrasse, lawn mower blenny, 2 gold stripe maroon clownfish, bumblebee goby and blue hippo tang.
That sucks (been there, sucked as well). All the best on your restocking journey!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new