My rock nem garden

IV seen them for 9.00 each
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1375058142.017337.jpg
 
Rock anemones (Epicystis crucifer) collected in Florida are very colorful and more expensive than the ones collected overseas. Coloration and rarity determines the price on these guys. The pic shown below is one of the rarer color combinations. They are normally found in rocky areas and their base actually bores into the rock they attach to. Very easy to keep, but not so easy to propagate...yet. Temps in the area where they are found vary from 71F - 80F during the year. Winter being the nicest time to collect since algae in this areas have receded. I have gotten several to throw babies out, but haven't been able to keep the babies alive long term. I'm sure it is a food issue and I'm working on it. Led's or actinics bring out their best coloration. You can keep as many as you want together in the same tank since they're not aggressive towards each other or other corals that I'm aware of. There isn't much information about these out there and some info that is out there is wrong and I won't point to it. I dive and collect these very often so the information here is not hearsay.

1016161_617517088272828_2124881988_n.jpg
 
I don't know if linking to youtube it's allowed here, but I have a video on youtube collecting these. It's called flower anemone dive trip. Enjoy!
 
Well I've seemingly lost my baby. I out it in a rubble basket to keep an eye on it and its gone now. Maybe it survived and will show up in a few months lol(doubtful)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new