My RSR 425xl Re-build is Now My Waterbox 220.6 Dream Build..Goodbye 2020!!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if you put it like that..all gone!;Hilarious
I win!
159e2d99f0791ad202ba9494e5c1a609.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to put a single door cabinet on each side of my stand. One will hide an ato container and the other tank supplies. Would love to build my own (give me a minute to stop laughing at that thought) so they would match the stand. I haven’t had any luck finding something that would match, so I thought of trying to find something unfinished and painting it myself. My problem is, I can’t tell the type of paint they used on the Red Sea stands. Have any of you seen the stands? Any idea what was used?

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to put a single door cabinet on each side of my stand. One will hide an ato container and the other tank supplies. Would love to build my own (give me a minute to stop laughing at that thought) so they would match the stand. I haven’t had any luck finding something that would match, so I thought of trying to find something unfinished and painting it myself. My problem is, I can’t tell the type of paint they used on the Red Sea stands. Have any of you seen the stands? Any idea what was used?
Can you take a door off of the stand and take it somewhere where they can match the paint/stain? We have a place here in Des Moines that my father in law uses quite often and they do a wonderful job of matching

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've heard that some Ikea cabinets come really close to the same finish. I can't remember the type though.

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that some Ikea cabinets come really close to the same finish. I can't remember the type though.
I’ve seen some of them, but it’s a black/brown color.

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you take a door off of the stand and take it somewhere where they can match the paint/stain? We have a place here in Des Moines that my father in law uses quite often and they do a wonderful job of matching
That’s a great idea. There is a Ace Hardware, Home Depot & Lowe’s right outside our neighborhood :)

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen some of them, but it’s a black/brown color.

You should be able to order them in white

That’s a great idea. There is a Ace Hardware, Home Depot & Lowe’s right outside our neighborhood :)

The trick is matching the finish/application of the paint rather than matching the colour itself. Hard to do with something that's mass manufactured.

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The trick is matching the finish/application of the paint rather than matching the colour itself. Hard to do with something that's mass manufactured.
Something else to think about, I haven't seen one in person, so this is just a thought, but most massed produced furniture today has a heat/vacuum formed veneer finish on it, so it is possible that is what is on the RS cabinet

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe I can find a media cabinet with glass doors. Then I only have to worry about the side view :p

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something else to think about, I haven't seen one in person, so this is just a thought, but most massed produced furniture today has a heat/vacuum formed veneer finish on it, so it is possible that is what is on the RS cabinet
After looking at it again, it does look like it was “formed” over the wood

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 88 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 55 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back