My Sac O' Used Resin.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
8,812
Reaction score
8,301
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hated changing DI resin, as disposing of the resin and rinsing the container were always a pain and sucky for the environment. What I now use is an almond milk straining bag which I open up in the sink. Zero resin goes down the drain, I hang it up over night outside and then throw it away in the garbage the next day.

di.jpg
 
Still seems like a waste to simply garbage-stream it....but I don't have any better solutions myself. File 13 every time. I like the idea of recharging it, but I've never heard of anyone doing that at home.
 
I'm a little too lazy for that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new