Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as theres not a couch and a tv in your front yard your doing good haha

Well a new addition to the setup today
This is something that Morortrendz made me for my cabinet top,, he is a very talented individual,, made from plywood and Apoxsee,, looks so sweet now and will be even better when we put LED lights underneath showing before and after

94F010ED-3019-4FCC-AEC0-6D185F92703A.jpeg BBCF6316-7156-4E80-8A54-EA11284604A3.jpeg 30966CFF-F96F-463E-B471-8ECA3CCFBEAC.jpeg ADFC1393-615B-427F-8272-986D3CB02750.jpeg

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a new addition to the setup today
This is something that Morortrendz made me for my cabinet top,, he is a very talented individual,, made from plywood and Apoxsee,, looks so sweet now and will be even better when we put LED lights underneath showing before and after

94F010ED-3019-4FCC-AEC0-6D185F92703A.jpeg BBCF6316-7156-4E80-8A54-EA11284604A3.jpeg 30966CFF-F96F-463E-B471-8ECA3CCFBEAC.jpeg ADFC1393-615B-427F-8272-986D3CB02750.jpeg
So tonight I added led lights underneath the top Morortrendz made me it’s the cherry on the top

F2046B9D-2FFD-4996-A46A-F1F950D6C499.jpeg 9927E328-0CCB-4520-B215-039A48E1DA02.jpeg

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Heres a few pics of it while I was making it...
IMG_20200220_140114_01.jpg

20200222_115036.jpg

20200226_081214.jpg

20200225_143800.jpg
20200303_101553.jpg
20200303_121133.jpg

Today I became a grandpa my Seahorse had a couple hundred babies I took about 20 of them and put them in my 10 gallon tank that was previously all set and I’m going to see if I can get one to grow up the rest however fell victim to the fish and the sump

B37154ED-AF98-4AF8-803F-A4E6C42A03D0.jpeg

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I became a grandpa my Seahorse had a couple hundred babies I took about 20 of them and put them in my 10 gallon tank that was previously all set and I’m going to see if I can get one to grow up the rest however fell victim to the fish and the sump

B37154ED-AF98-4AF8-803F-A4E6C42A03D0.jpeg
That is soo cool.

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is soo cool.

So here’s a quick funny thing I in advertently created a copepod farm
A few days ago my seahorse had babies and I did not have any Brian shrimp hatched because I just wasn’t prepared but as luck would have it the same day I had a delivery of a bottle of Copepods. So I took that bottle and poured about 25 maybe even 30% of it into the tank that I had all the babies in (10gal tank) after a few days I noticed that there was more food in the 10 gallon tank that I had put in there one morning I turn the lights on and five minutes later there was for lack of a better word a tornado of copepods just swirling under the lights. The next day there was even more so I scooped some out to bring downstairs for my main tank even though my main tank has plenty, The very next day there was just as many in the 10 gallon tank as the day before maybe even more
I never planned for this to happen and I’ll be truthful with you I have no idea how it happened all I know is at the moment I have a never ending supply of copepods in a 10 gallon tank in my bedroom there is just an air bubbler that’s it I turn the filter off when I put the babies in there so they can get sucked up In the past day I have giving away three little jars of copepods to friends who wanted them figuring I can’t use them all so I might as well spread the wealth and let other people have them before it all goes away I have no idea how long this will last I am doing nothing to sustain it I’m just letting it be the way it is for some reason it seems to be working the only thing I could think of is that the 10 gallon tankHas water that I got from the ocean and that is about the only thing I can think of why these copepods are not only thriving but multiplying
If you live in New Jersey and you want some free copepods hit me up while it lasts

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here’s a quick funny thing I in advertently created a copepod farm
A few days ago my seahorse had babies and I did not have any Brian shrimp hatched because I just wasn’t prepared but as luck would have it the same day I had a delivery of a bottle of Copepods. So I took that bottle and poured about 25 maybe even 30% of it into the tank that I had all the babies in (10gal tank) after a few days I noticed that there was more food in the 10 gallon tank that I had put in there one morning I turn the lights on and five minutes later there was for lack of a better word a tornado of copepods just swirling under the lights. The next day there was even more so I scooped some out to bring downstairs for my main tank even though my main tank has plenty, The very next day there was just as many in the 10 gallon tank as the day before maybe even more
I never planned for this to happen and I’ll be truthful with you I have no idea how it happened all I know is at the moment I have a never ending supply of copepods in a 10 gallon tank in my bedroom there is just an air bubbler that’s it I turn the filter off when I put the babies in there so they can get sucked up In the past day I have giving away three little jars of copepods to friends who wanted them figuring I can’t use them all so I might as well spread the wealth and let other people have them before it all goes away I have no idea how long this will last I am doing nothing to sustain it I’m just letting it be the way it is for some reason it seems to be working the only thing I could think of is that the 10 gallon tankHas water that I got from the ocean and that is about the only thing I can think of why these copepods are not only thriving but multiplying
If you live in New Jersey and you want some free copepods hit me up while it lasts
Nice sounds like you need a mandarin goby if the pod supply stays stable.

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice sounds like you need a mandarin goby if the pod supply stays stable.

No I’m going to collect some more out of it and get what I can get let it sit two more days and whatever is it is and I’m giving it all to a friend I’m just going to empty the whole entire tank into a couple of buckets and hand it over I already have way more that I need in my main tankso is what it is I guess I got lucky and I’m just gonna pass it on

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I’m going to collect some more out of it and get what I can get let it sit two more days and whatever is it is and I’m giving it all to a friend I’m just going to empty the whole entire tank into a couple of buckets and hand it over I already have way more that I need in my main tankso is what it is I guess I got lucky and I’m just gonna pass it on

A little update of what’s going on lately the copepod farm has ceased to exist I have scooped out as much as humanly possible that we are all alive and disbursed of them throughout my tight little community of Reef People’s
On Saturday and extremely generous individual gifted to me a 65 gallon tank with stand and matching canopy that just happens to match my bedroom furniture perfectly the look in my poor wife’s eyes when she saw me unloading it from the truck that scene gentleman also gave me three beautiful deep blue mushrooms I do not know the name along with a 4 to 5 inch long 3 inch wide rock with this gorgeous bush on it again I don’t know the name of it it’s a soft coral it looks like a type of a gargonein The reason he gave me the rock is I had commented on how beautiful the Coraline on his display and his rocks were it was some of the deepest cleanest I have ever seen The pink tint was unbelievable and the purple was just awesome anyway what a beautiful day I had because after that at 1:30 in the afternoon I had the opportunity to take a boat ride 10 miles out into the ocean and fill up 20 buckets of some nice clean Crystal ocean water with all the nutrients and bacteria that you couldn’t buy in a bottle The tank is doing awesome every coral I have has tripled in size within the past month and I have kept my tank temperature no higher than 72 1/2

image.jpg 33D11F67-9D6D-422E-A5BE-363A4D3B4002.jpeg

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update of what’s going on lately the copepod farm has ceased to exist I have scooped out as much as humanly possible that we are all alive and disbursed of them throughout my tight little community of Reef People’s
On Saturday and extremely generous individual gifted to me a 65 gallon tank with stand and matching canopy that just happens to match my bedroom furniture perfectly the look in my poor wife’s eyes when she saw me unloading it from the truck that scene gentleman also gave me three beautiful deep blue mushrooms I do not know the name along with a 4 to 5 inch long 3 inch wide rock with this gorgeous bush on it again I don’t know the name of it it’s a soft coral it looks like a type of a gargonein The reason he gave me the rock is I had commented on how beautiful the Coraline on his display and his rocks were it was some of the deepest cleanest I have ever seen The pink tint was unbelievable and the purple was just awesome anyway what a beautiful day I had because after that at 1:30 in the afternoon I had the opportunity to take a boat ride 10 miles out into the ocean and fill up 20 buckets of some nice clean Crystal ocean water with all the nutrients and bacteria that you couldn’t buy in a bottle The tank is doing awesome every coral I have has tripled in size within the past month and I have kept my tank temperature no higher than 72 1/2

image.jpg 33D11F67-9D6D-422E-A5BE-363A4D3B4002.jpeg
Well got up today turned on the light and I had a tank full of babies and I’m sure by mid morning I’m going to have to do a sock change sad part is that there is 3-4 more horses ready to let loose uggh nature

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that.
While I've had near wipe-outs with reef tanks, I've not had that with seahorse tanks, BUT I most certainly have had many failures in my seahorse tanks in the learning process. Don't give up as it's all worth it in the end.

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that.
While I've had near wipe-outs with reef tanks, I've not had that with seahorse tanks, BUT I most certainly have had many failures in my seahorse tanks in the learning process. Don't give up as it's all worth it in the end.
Thanks for the encouragement

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back