My semi new reef!

Gotcha I didn’t even think about that spectrum encouraging algae, do you think I should add some of the other light spectrums like the white light and red light? Thanks for the help:)
I personally wouldn't. Unfortunately that spectrum isn't tuned for reef inhabitants. Adding more red and white won't help. I would just eventually replace the freshwater when you can.
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. A good start to your tank. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
Welcome TD, stop by step, inch by inch... nicely equipped and maturing...


look forward to next pics

100.gif
 
Hi all first post in the community happy to be here! Just started a 65 gallon AIO about 2 months ago and here we are.
Aquamax In-sump skimmer
Matrix in a filter bag for bio filtration
Unknown pump for return
One flaming Mohicans zoa not doing too hot from the looks of it :/
One toadstool
One leather came on live rock and never opened
One bullet hole clownfish because I believe she killed the other one as they weren’t mated and no other fish died when the other clown died.
One yellow dotted goby
One sexy shrimp matched with the goby
Some astrea snails and turbos
Salinity at 1.025 ammonia at .23 nitrite 0 nitrate at 5-10
Hope to be adding many more pictures. Just a few questions while I’m here though, do my zoas look normal? Is the white algae growing on some of my live rock normal? How’s the tank look? Thanks all and have a great day:)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). You already have enough in this thread that you could copy and paste it over into new thread in Forum Member Aquariums, then link new thread to your account.

This might help you find people local to you in Colorado:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new