My slowly growing Blasto collection

Here is a picture of the blastos in the center, took a shot with other stuff around so u could get the idea of the color
IMG_0082-1.jpg

What are those zoanthids with the orange skirt? Swampfires?
 
Im not sure about the name of those zoanthids. They morphed to that color, the centers were originally a purply/green or something
 
From keeping so many blasto, u have any suggestion on how to treat or heal a bad looking blasto? Are there any dip that could help them heal? Have u frag any blasto?
 
From keeping so many blasto, u have any suggestion on how to treat or heal a bad looking blasto? Are there any dip that could help them heal? Have u frag any blasto?

If I have any blastos that need to heal I keep them in the bottom corner of my tank. It has lower light and lower flow. That seems to help most of the time. Sometimes no matter what I do the blasto just wont come back around. I have fragged a few and I dipped them in revive for a little bit after.
 
Here is my Blasto coral, its my new favorite corals and am wanting to get a few more. This pic was taken when I first put them in the tank. They are alotttt happier now and more puffed out. Love this coral, they really pop under the LED lighting.
DSC_4304.jpg


Here is one I found online, anyone have this one? I have been researching these corals and have never seen one this color in my searching. The pic and the coral is for sale on Donavon"s Reef

Shop | Donavon's Reef

I can't seem to get a pic to post of the Blasto I am talking about :( Its the Rainbow colored Blasto.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new