My son 30 gal: Need Skimmer Advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter kuba
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kuba

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2015
Messages
81
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So recently my son asked me for a SW tank in his room,So ok. Got the tank,sump, heater,pump, ......
All I now need is a good small skimmer. I know bubble magus and reef octopus are good brands
But I an clueless on small skimmers (smallest tank I ever ran is 100) so any help would be great.




Thanks Kuba
 
I posted this in the equipment section 10 hr ago
With no response

So recently my son asked me for a SW tank in his room,So ok. Got the tank,sump, heater,pump, ......
All I now need is a good small skimmer. I know bubble magus and reef octopus are good brands
But I an clueless on small skimmers (smallest tank I ever ran is 100) so any help would be great.




Thanks Kuba
 
I posted this in the equipment section 10 hr ago
With no response

So recently my son asked me for a SW tank in his room,So ok. Got the tank,sump, heater,pump, ......
All I now need is a good small skimmer. I know bubble magus and reef octopus are good brands
But I an clueless on small skimmers (smallest tank I ever ran is 100) so any help would be great.




Thanks Kuba
Hey kuba! From my experience... I find innovative marine Ghost Skimmer really good... I have 1 in my 28 gal and my 40 AIO frag tank... check them out and see if it'll work for ur set up.... it produces lots of skimmate! [emoji106]
 
I run a bubble magus curve 5 on 80 gallon system and it pulls out some serious mud.
 
fish-street.com has them for 93.00 right now. That is a serious steal as well. I paid $175.00 for mine
 
fish-street.com has them for 93.00 right now. That is a serious steal as well. I paid $175.00 for mine
That's European wattage and it won't work in the USA. I use a curve 5 in my 40 and it's way oversized for my tank. It does pull out plenty of mud though. As far as noise.... my jebao wp25 makes more noise than the skimmer, and the skimmer is not even in the cabinet!
 
Dang he's right i just looked at the google pop. didn't go to the webpage. sorry!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new