My stocking plan

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I thought I would post my stocking plan to see if there were any major issues. First, I have 2 tanks currently. The first is a 75G and the other is 120G. The 75 currently has a clownfish and a Kaudern's cardinalfish. It has a 29G sump with a Reef Octopus protein skimmer and fuge. The 120 has a pair of clownfish and a PJ cardinalfish. It has a 40G sump with Reef Octopus protein skimmer and running Zeovit system. My plan is to put the Kaudern's cardinalfish into the 120, then use the 75 as basically a QT for the fish I want to add to the 120. These fish are Red Strip Anglefish (Centropyge eibli), Pearlscale Butterflyfish (Chaetodon xanthurus), Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma flavescens), and Bluehead wrasse (Thalassoma bifasciatum). I would also add a Spotband Butterflyfish (Chaetodon punctatofasciatus) at this time, but this fish will stay in the 75. After a few weeks in "QT", the fish would be moved to the 120 one at a time over the course of a couple weeks. Once all that are going to the 120 are moved, I would then add the fish that will be in 75; Flame Angle (Centropyge loricula), Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus solorensis), Chalk Bass (Serranus tortugarum) and possibly a Royal Gramma (Gramma loreto). The butterflyfish and clownfish will already be in the tank. Neither tank have any coral in them currently.
So, any real issues, besides not a true QT for the 2nd batch? Thanks.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I thought I would post my stocking plan to see if there were any major issues. First, I have 2 tanks currently. The first is a 75G and the other is 120G. The 75 currently has a clownfish and a Kaudern's cardinalfish. It has a 29G sump with a Reef Octopus protein skimmer and fuge. The 120 has a pair of clownfish and a PJ cardinalfish. It has a 40G sump with Reef Octopus protein skimmer and running Zeovit system. My plan is to put the Kaudern's cardinalfish into the 120, then use the 75 as basically a QT for the fish I want to add to the 120. These fish are Red Strip Anglefish (Centropyge eibli), Pearlscale Butterflyfish (Chaetodon xanthurus), Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma flavescens), and Bluehead wrasse (Thalassoma bifasciatum). I would also add a Spotband Butterflyfish (Chaetodon punctatofasciatus) at this time, but this fish will stay in the 75. After a few weeks in "QT", the fish would be moved to the 120 one at a time over the course of a couple weeks. Once all that are going to the 120 are moved, I would then add the fish that will be in 75; Flame Angle (Centropyge loricula), Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus solorensis), Chalk Bass (Serranus tortugarum) and possibly a Royal Gramma (Gramma loreto). The butterflyfish and clownfish will already be in the tank. Neither tank have any coral in them currently.
So, any real issues, besides not a true QT for the 2nd batch? Thanks.
The bluehead wrasse will be a problem for the solorensis, chalk bass, and gramma.

It would also be better to add angels simultaneously.

OP
OP
Tphill

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and thanks for the reply. So the bluehead wrasse should be ok with the red strip angelfish, pearlscale butterflyfish, yellow tang, pj cardinalfish, kaudern's cardinalfish, and pair of clownfish? The bluehead wrasse will not be in the same tank as the solorensis, chalk bass, or the gramma. The angels will not be in the same tank either.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Be sure to keep us updated on how they do! :)

OP
OP
Tphill

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish arrived and are in the tank. They are all swimming around, no issues so far. One fish, the wrasse, was very eager to get into the tank and jumped out of his bag into the tank, but he seems fine also.

OP
OP
Tphill

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of the fish ate when I tried to feed last night. I offered some of Larry's Reef Frenzy. They were all pecking at the rocks all day yesterday. I had a piece of nori rubberbanded to a pvc fitting but I only saw the angle pecking at that. White lights just came on, so I'll offer some frozen mysis and brine shrimp soaked in Selcon here in a bit.

OP
OP
Tphill

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the fish on my stocking list, angel, butterfly, and the bluehead wrasse, would there be any type 'coral' that I might could have? Like mushrooms, or ricordia's?

Bluecbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try fresh clams, but freeze them first, then plop in one..

OP
OP
Tphill

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All fish except the spotband butterflyfish ate frozen mysis this morning. The spotband is too busy guarding his cave from the pearlscale butterflyfish. The spotband did come out looking, but it was after I had finished feeding. I'll feed again in a few minitues and maybe the spotband will eat. I may have to move the pearlscale to the other tank ahead of schedule so the spotband can eat. The butterflys are the only fish in the tank that flare their fins or cause any tension.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back