My Sun Coral was MEAN!!!

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2012
Messages
8,812
Reaction score
8,300
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It bites..... (I couldn't get the stick back)

bite.jpg



And it often talked back....

fullanimation.gif


Forgive my odd "video". Once upon a time video cameras we something you put on your shoulder and saw at weddings only. I thought I was fancy having one of the first digital cameras. These are stills I pieced together all high tech. LOL.
 
Last edited:
The coral grew over a bivalve. When it was feeding, a part of the coral would drop down as it opened it's shell. At first I light I was seeing things.... then I stuck the rigid tubing in there.... nope, not seeing things. We didn't actually know what was really under there until a few years later when it died.
 
That's its feeding cap over it, BTW. I don't dress up my corals or anything. LOL.
 
Last edited:
Lionfish your hilarious :-) and I put swim caps on my fish so they don't get their hair wet so your not crazy :-P
 
LOL! Nut.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new