My system is one year old

  • Thread starter Thread starter rhitee93
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rhitee93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2023
Messages
1,476
Reaction score
2,622
Location
West Central Indiana, USA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PXL_20240817_150701323.jpg


It was one year ago today that I added salt water to my tank. So far it has been pretty low on the drama scale.

This was a dry rock build, but I put a few pounds of biologically active rock from the LFS. No real problems with the ugly stage. I had a brief dyno issue about 3 months in, and have had a little cyano recently. Never anything that required more than mechanical removal combined with fixing some parameters.

Other than a GSP, I waited for about 6 months to add much in the way of coral. Most have done well.

Here is a short video clip of weekly FTS over the last year.

 
That's a nice tank! How much time lapse between pics when they slowed down?
 
Beautiful tank!

What's the large green creature on the lower right? It's awesome looking!
Thanks! On the lower right was a green star polyp that I eventually moved to put in the big derasa clam. If you're like me and get right and left confused all the time, the green thing in the other corner is an elegance coral.
 
That's a nice tank! How much time lapse between pics when they slowed down?
The full tank shots are one week apart. I speed up the construction pics because it felt like they were way too slow, but the tank evolution shots take more time to look at.
 
PXL_20240817_150701323.jpg


It was one year ago today that I added salt water to my tank. So far it has been pretty low on the drama scale.

This was a dry rock build, but I put a few pounds of biologically active rock from the LFS. No real problems with the ugly stage. I had a brief dyno issue about 3 months in, and have had a little cyano recently. Never anything that required more than mechanical removal combined with fixing some parameters.

Other than a GSP, I waited for about 6 months to add much in the way of coral. Most have done well.

Here is a short video clip of weekly FTS over the last year.


Your tank is doing amazing for only having it for a year!
 
Thanks! On the lower right was a green star polyp that I eventually moved to put in the big derasa clam. If you're like me and get right and left confused all the time, the green thing in the other corner is an elegance coral.
Couldn't be me, nope never.

(Thanks for reading my mind!)
 
Beautiful, friend! Congrats on being a year in!
 
Couldn't be me, nope never.

(Thanks for reading my mind!)

Lol, for some reason right and left don't automatically mean anything to me. I have to translate every time. It's with the hand I write with, or the other one :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new