My system setup

beansbro1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
8
Location
Petersburg, indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I’ve been into reefing since 2000. Was in pretty heavy back then. Been out for about 10-12 years. Started back up last year in November with a red sea 250 a nyos skimmer, 2- icecap 2k gyres, and a nicrew 150. Around Feb I found a 125 reef ready with 2- xr30 for cheap. So here it is.

Main tank is a standard 125grr. Has a maxspect jump 8k return. Maxspect skimmer, 2-icecap 4K gyres on a controller, 2- xr30, and the nicrew 150. A 55g sump. After about a month I slid the two tanks next to each other and plumbed them both into the 55g sump. Both have been running since then. I think is like a combined total gallons is 220g. Prob 100lbs live Rock and 100lbs sand. Everything is hooked up and controlled with HYDROS through an x10,xp8, 2- wavemakers.

IMG_1877.jpeg IMG_1908.jpeg IMG_2036.jpeg IMG_1728.jpeg IMG_1766.jpeg
 
Inhabitants for the red sea are 2- percula clownfish. The 125 has a mandarin. Peppermint shrimp. Cleaner shrimp. Engineer goby. And 2 clowns. Going to start the triton method this week dosing through the x10
 
Following along!
 
Looks great! Besides my main display I have a 32 biocube that had an engineer goby. It grew so large that I finally gave it to someone. I liked it but it really made a mess of the tank. Probably would have been best to have it in a larger tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new