My tank build progression

Reeferdude1888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is the accumulation of three prior reefs over the span of about 15 years I started out with a 60 gallon cube with a miracle mud system this system also had large quantity of live rock in main tank no skimmer just weekly water changes and t5 lighting the system ran really well all Corals from soft to lps various fish then I upgraded to a 75 gallon transferred everything from previous reef apart from miracle mud as I was going to progress to skimmer in sump at this point I also added deltec fr509 reactor with rowa phos I upgraded lighting to ati 6 tube t5 light unit and an aqua medic twin doser for additives and a telco chiller and ran refugium in sump tank.Then to the tank I have at the moment about 120 g I decided with this tank to run a hybrid system I.e skimmer and miracle mud with cheato as from my first system I found the miracle mud system to be very efficient with good results .The system ran really well I changed my lighting from t5 to an ever grow 2107 led lighting unit which was dimable this unit has served me well it's been running now for 2 and a half years and it grows whatever I put under it . The tank went through a period of neglect because I was busy with other things it ended up with dinos so I took the necessary steps and eventually cleared it up but I also decided to run the tank bare bottom no sand just for easier maintenance and I've made a few changes with live rock structure and it seems to be balancing out nitrate still need to come down a bit but it's getting there and I've started getting back to better maintenance of the system .I have no photos of the first reef but here are some of the tanks up to now

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.png image.png image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice! This is a good start to the build thread - great pictures!

Droberts0724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Just started my 125g it's on week 2 of cycling and I'm still looking at just rocks :) but I was fighting a case of cyano so I shut the lights down for 3 days! I also have a 32g biocube (10 months old) that has a refugium but no sump and this new tank has a sump with refugium too. Can't wait to add some fish in a few weeks! Happy reefing :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back