My Tank

Carolyn's Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a custom tank and stand from Glass Cages. This is my 1st tank after taking over 10 years off from the hobby. I used to have a seahorse/pipefish tank with babies, spawning mandarins (never figure out how to get them with the closed loop), nice size coral colonies, .. it was great! It was a passion! I've missed having a tank but I put all of my time into building my business, but I am ready to be back! Here is my tank info.
1633378251423.png

While my tank/stand was being built (16 weeks) I cycled my tank with rock in a barrel/refugium. We've gone through the "ugly phase" in the tank, the bacteria bloom, and now things are going great. We've had shrimp babies multiple times and I am now going to take a try at raising them! I am going to document my process on Youtube here:

I will probably start a thread on it if I see people are interested. =)

Carolyn

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a custom tank and stand from Glass Cages. This is my 1st tank after taking over 10 years off from the hobby. I used to have a seahorse/pipefish tank with babies, spawning mandarins (never figure out how to get them with the closed loop), nice size coral colonies, .. it was great! It was a passion! I've missed having a tank but I put all of my time into building my business, but I am ready to be back! Here is my tank info.
1633378251423.png

While my tank/stand was being built (16 weeks) I cycled my tank with rock in a barrel/refugium. We've gone through the "ugly phase" in the tank, the bacteria bloom, and now things are going great. We've had shrimp babies multiple times and I am now going to take a try at raising them! I am going to document my process on Youtube here:

I will probably start a thread on it if I see people are interested. =)

Carolyn

Love your video @Carolyn's Corals. Looks amazing! Love the shrimp! Welcome back to the hobby!

OP
OP
Carolyn's Corals

Carolyn's Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I was waiting for my cleaner skunk shrimp to release their next clutch.... My peppermint (I think) or blood shrimp decided they needed to be next LOL

Anyone have any luck raising them?? I will post a video in the a.m. for a closer look. Best pic I could get with my phone lol
Screenshot_20211005-015930_Gallery.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back