My Tanks

USCGReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2013
Messages
52
Reaction score
14
Location
Norfolk, VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Thought I would introduce myself and share what I have. Will try to post pictures but for now this is what is currently set up.

~110 Gallon Saltwater w/ 30g Sump
~55 Gallon Fresh Water
~10 Gallon empty :( seahorse tank

I am in the Coast Guard and so I have to break the tank down every couple of years and then by the time I feel I really get it built back up where it should be I have to relocate but I love doing it.

Was mostly fish only until recently, I was finally able to convince the wife to let me upgrade my lighting so I could get back into corals.
Just upgraded to Steve's LEDs retro kit. Was a great learning experience and am more than impressed with how they turned out and how they perform.

A while back, being on a budget I purchased I believe SC Aquariums Skimmer off of ebay for $100. Has been one of the best performing skimmers I have had including the ATI Bubble Master I had.

Currently I dont have much in corals, a few zoos, acro frag, toad stool and a couple of other small frags. Really want to get a bubble tip for my clowns and get some new corals to really get my tank going like it used to be.

I will try to get some pics in.

Thanks for Reading.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new