My Tips for Neptune Trident Calibration

MrWellington

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not buying that a Trident is more accurate than Hanna. Hanna Instruments has decades of experience and a proven track record with the scientific community. In contrast, the Trident is trusted by -- Neptune and those who buy the Trident.

I've been through two Tridents and learned to use those readings as trend analysis only because the measurements are notoriously wrong - even after calibration. I add/subtract what I know to be the difference between Hanna and Trident. I haven't tried to calibrate using Hanna numbers, but that sounds like it would be worthwhile.

This would be a GREAT topic for a "BRS Investigation" video.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not buying that a Trident is more accurate than Hanna. The scientific community trusts Hanna instruments. It has decades of a proven track record. Whereas, Trident is trusted by -- Neptune, and those who buy the Trident.

I've been through two Tridents and learned to use those readings as trend analysis only because the measurements are notoriously wrong - even after calibration. I simply add/subtract what I know to be the difference between Hanna and Trident. I haven't tried to calibrate using Hanna numbers, but that sounds like it would be worth a try.
To each their own. The Trident is very reliable for me, in fact I have two of them. They both consistently read within the margin of error when compared to other hobby grade instruments like Hanna Checkers.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back