My torch acts weird and closes every day

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have had this torch for about 2 months and every day around this time it closes up for an hour or two and then opens back up later? My initial thought is too much light but he is open for most of the day otherwise, and opens back up after this too. Does this every day from about 4-6pm and my lighting schedule is constant all day from 11am to 6pm and my lights are still in acclimation mode for another 2 weeks and all the other torches near him are happy.
Any thoughts?

D19DC11E-6B44-4811-9D7C-50CCD08FFE74.jpeg

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had similar experience with my Duncans. Than I realised the close up matches the opening hours of the LFS. Slowly it has got out of this habit after about 3 weeks.

Could be the torch is just slow to make the change?

OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had similar experience with my Duncans. Than I realised the close up matches the opening hours of the LFS. Slowly it has got out of this habit after about 3 weeks.

Could be the torch is just slow to make the change?
Huh very interesting catch! It could be that but not entirely sure. Like I said I’m not too worried because for 90% of the day he is out and flowing like one of those used car inflatable dudes lol

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh very interesting catch! It could be that but not entirely sure. Like I said I’m not too worried because for 90% of the day he is out and flowing like one of those used car inflatable dudes lol
Well my next coral will be a torch so if Santa thinks I was a good boy. I will tell my experience after ;)

What matters for now that your coral looks healthy.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back