My Torch appears to be dying

Trestlew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been in the tank about 3-4 months now but over the last month it doesn't extend much at all and seems to be going down hill. At the risk of a lot of criticism, I took this video in the hopes you all could provide some thoughts on placement. My first thought is it's too high in the tank, too close to the lights and flow.

The only changes I've done is gotten more consistent with my water changes (5/30) each week and have been feeding reef roids on the same schedule. I also upped the tank water temp from 78 to 79.

What do you all think?

Last edited:

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please post your parameters ? calcium alk nitrate po4 ect

Upvote 0

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you think the light is the issue then move it down and see if there’s any improvement. id highly suggest getting a salifert nitrate, alk and cal test if you haven’t already for po4 I’d get a hanna checker hi736. if changing the light intensity/placement does not work your parameters must be out of whack.

Upvote 0

swampy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to find a way to have your water tested. Maybe via a lfs. Or possibly a local reefer to you. Knowing your tanks parameters will greatly assist others in giving you better info.
Agreed, you really need to check you Alk and Calcium at bare minimum. Good luck.

Upvote 0

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right off the starting line, get some good test kits that are not API. How long has you had the nem? (I see no other corals to see if everything is in decline or just this torch). If you have other corals that I am not seeing let us know how they are doing.

Start by testing at a LFS and then try giving it a little more flow. Based on powerhead placement I can't imagine you have good flow in the front and I didn't see much polyp movement. I would raise the left powerhead about an inch and lower the right powerhead about an inch.

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back