My torch coral is not looking good Help please

Sosa’s reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So one of my torch coral heads has already died and the other one shrunk and doesn’t look too good either I tested the water at a local fish store everything was fine except my phosphate was at 0 and alkalinity was a little low I’m currently fixing it idk if that’s the reason though, is there anything else I can do?

image.jpg

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So one of my torch coral heads has already died and the other one shrunk and doesn’t look too good either I tested the water at a local fish store everything was fine except my phosphate was at 0 and alkalinity was a little low I’m currently fixing it idk if that’s the reason though, is there anything else I can do?

image.jpg
Lack of phosphate/nutrients could be the issue. Also, from the picture tank looks new. If the tank is in fact new that could be an issue of its own.

Listing all parameter values could be helpful.

Not sure there is much advice we can give without more information. That said, there may not be much you can do besides try not to stress the coral further. I might reduce lighting but as long as it's not in an area of extreme flow I would not move it if possible.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank looks pretty new - like not even to the ugly phase yet. If so, then there could be a whole myriad of things that could cause a hard coral to slowly die.

This gets easier as the tank develops some film algae, diatoms or dinos... and even easier as coralline starts to come.

Light could be a big deal too without knowing the type or amount.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back