My Torch looks like a blob

Bdroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gold torch is losing it’s tentacles and starting to look like a blob...not exactly sure what’s wrong...Lighting? Alkalinity burn? Flow?

I recently did a dip in hoping to minimize any possible infection and water parameters seems ok and all my other corals seem to be doing fine...

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Alkalinity 8.6
Magnesium 1380
Calcium 440
Salinity 1.026
408269a9a392ba27ff6d6ad35cce4c48.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bdroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anything come off in the dip? Flatworms or anything?

Didn’t notice any flatworms and I checked for eggs. Although there was a dark brownish worm like on it which I scraped off but other than that nothing...I don’t want to keep dipping it too and stress it out even more.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t notice any flatworms and I checked for eggs. Although there was a dark brownish worm like on it which I scraped off but other than that nothing...I don’t want to keep dipping it too and stress it out even more.
Yea it could be possible you had a bristle worm making a little house inside your torch. I’ve had that happen when I leave mine on the sandbed. If it came out during you dip you might be in the clear. They take a few weeks to bounce back. Try to target feed it once it heals up more.

OP
OP
B

Bdroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it could be possible you had a bristle worm making a little house inside your torch. I’ve had that happen when I leave mine on the sandbed. If it came out during you dip you might be in the clear. They take a few weeks to bounce back. Try to target feed it once it heals up more.

What else can it be if the damage is not due to a bristle worm? I’m trying to cover as many other possibilities of the root cause. I moved the torch twice already from the first spot it was in, with a slightly strong flow thinking that was the issue...Although my T5 bulbs is a bit over due for new ones...would that be the cause?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What else can it be if the damage is not due to a bristle worm? I’m trying to cover as many other possibilities of the root cause. I moved the torch twice already from the first spot it was in, with a slightly strong flow thinking that was the issue...Although my T5 bulbs is a bit over due for new ones...would that be the cause?
That looks pretty eaten. But get new bulbs yea lol. Flat worms are possible but if nothing came off then idk. I’d just observe it for a bit, low/medium flow, mid light.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a torch looking sad and found out it had flatworms at night. Surprisingly when I dipped it it took some time for they to come out in coralRX. They were down in the skeleton.

I dipped it again recently and had quite a few more come out

OP
OP
B

Bdroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a torch looking sad and found out it had flatworms at night. Surprisingly when I dipped it it took some time for they to come out in coralRX. They were down in the skeleton.

I dipped it again recently and had quite a few more come out

Oh wow! How long did you dip it for? How’s your torch right now?

OP
OP
B

Bdroid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a another dip recently and some light brown stuff came out after a light shake...I think it’s brown jelly disease ...

Back