MY TUNZE 3155 PROBLEM

vogon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Day fellow reefers. I’ve had my 3155 osmolator for about a year now. My tank is a 60 foot cube and the top off water reservoir feeds into my sump. Everything has been fine until a few days ago. I noticed that somehow the magnet had dislodged and the sensors and magnet had dropped to the bottom of the sump. But there was no damage to anything that I could see. I put it back into position. Now, the pump turns on every two minutes. or so. It’s annoying. It’s very odd because the sump level does remain where I want it to remain after top off. But I’m pretty sure the issue of the pump going on so frequently is a problem. I’ve tried adjusting the sensor and float at various levels and it really doesn’t make a difference. I even put the sensor well below my sump water level and the pump still went on. So yep. That’s a problem.

Another oddity is that when I shut off power the water level rises close to an inch higher in the sump than before. Before it rose to maybe 2.5 inches to top of sump. Now it’s more like 3/4 inch. Scary.

Any advice.

Thanks guys

60g cube. Kessil AE 360. Trigger crystal sump. RIO 2100 return. TUNZE 3155 osmolator. CAD lights pls 100 skimmer. Eco Tech MP 10 circulation pump.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back