My two 75 gallon mixed reef builds

Been a little while since I posted. I moved about a year ago and with moving the two tanks, all heck broke loose. After about 2 weeks, in one of the tanks, all fish died in about a 24 hour period. Not sure what happened. Everything was just gone. It’s been sitting empty now, still running, for about a year. Only have my rocks left in there. I recently tested the water as I’ve kept up with monthly maintenance and everything is perfect and ready to begin again. I’ll likely wait to start filling it with livestock for the holidays when the ridiculous sales start.

My other tank with the Radions didn’t fare much better, although it lasted about 3-4 mo after moving. Most of my coral never came back. All my zoa colonies shriveled and died. All my fish but my Lyretail died, and all again within 24-36 hours. Very disheartening to say the least. All my anemones survived, 7 of them. My GSP survived as well, which doesn’t surprise me.

I picked up a trumpet coral and a couple zoa polyps recently to get a start again on the coral side, figured I’d start out slow. I picked up a couple Picasso Clowns a couple days ago. I’m hoping with only one other fish in the tank and so many anemones that they start to host soon. I’ve never introduced clowns in to an already established system with nems already in. I purchased my first nem with the clowns already hosting. Fingers crossed. Here’s a couple pics of the new guys with a photo bomb from the Lyretail.

802BB4AF-DE46-47EC-8E33-12EE852FDF36.jpeg 074B79B9-CD76-491E-8C97-8C29F33CE80A.jpeg 37F827BB-7FFE-4FC9-8690-9444322780C1.jpeg 9622793D-75BB-4288-A468-1F6272C4FFDE.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new