My Waterbox 90.3 Build

kamla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the x 90.3 have leveling feet on the stand?
If so, how many?

I could not find the info on the website

dochow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 90.3 reserved right now at LFS! Been slowly getting back in hobby. I’m not 100% sure if I want this or the RedSea Reefer 250 still. Definitely following this. I really would like to see how the sump looks in the cabinet. I was hoping to put my 10 gallon ATO reservoir down there but I have no idea if it will fit. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

OP
OP
sas226

sas226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chose Waterbox over redsea after seeing the build quality. it's insane. That plus the horror stories I hear from Redsea owners and the claims of flimsy stands was a big turnoff for me.

dochow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the sump in the cabinet yet? Can you take a pic when you do? I’d like to see how much extra room there is down there for planning purposes when mine comes in

OP
OP
sas226

sas226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the sump in the cabinet yet? Can you take a pic when you do? I’d like to see how much extra room there is down there for planning purposes when mine comes in
No, still waiting on some equipment and things to come in. Taking awhile. heh.

OP
OP
sas226

sas226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's winter here, between the cold, snow, and waiting to acquire some hardware after changing plans still going. When it warms up a bit will get some real updates. Sorry for delay.

OP
OP
sas226

sas226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, it's been a minute but here's a long overdue update. Essentially due to my procrastination the tank didn't go up until around October of Last year. At the time I had a 20g IM AIO up and it was about 4 inches from where the new tank was going so getting around that was a bit tricky but family always coming in clutch with the help.

Here's the first iteration of the rockwork I went with before I remembered that I had to at the LR from the 20g in there in order to move the lifestock.
tyank1.jpg

Majority of my Dry rock in, I had about 10lbs of shelf rock that I ended up sticking in the sump (the shelfrock was LR from previous tank.) as I couldn't figure out where to use it.
tank2.jpg

Finished rockwork, sorry for the camera rotate.. who knows.

My first new livestock addition to was a really beautiful Chocolate Tang. (Before the inevitable tang police, save your time. It's fine.)

Here's a shot a month or so after setup.

LS at this point:
Black Photon Clown
Black and White Clown
Blood Red Fire Shrump
Chocolate Tang (Lemonpeel)

IMG_2815.jpg

This was the final livestock and look before the big bang: Beginning of Jan '22, also added a clearview lid mid december of last year because I had planned to get some wrasse.

The previous list in addition to:
Cleaner Wrasse
2x Pyjama Cardinals
Springeri Damnsel

IMG_2966.jpg

Shortly after I had an outbreak of Marine Velvet in the tank, took my Chocolate First, then the two clowns, the damsel, pyjamas and finally the clear. So that halted all progress on the tank for the next 2 months and some weeks.

After what felt like forever finally got some inhabitants back into the tank, spaced out by two week intervals between each. I picked up a Snowstorm Clown, another chocolate tang (the coloration on this one is probably my favorite of the ones I've seen.) and a long fin midnight clown.
IMG_3736.jpg
IMG_3519.jpg
IMG_4094.jpg

Working on getting some better photos, the chocolate is scared of his own shadow.

Recently I added a small diamond goby and was given some gsp by a family member, so officially have some coral in there now too. Slow progress but it's going

Next on the list is getting parameters more in line with the corals I'd like to keep and start expanding in that direction. As for livestock, looking into some wrasse but not in any rush.

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? I'm thinking about getting back into the hobby, with the 90.3 at the top of my list. Still enjoying the tank?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 36.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 52 29.2%
Back